TAB Thread.

"I have no idea. It looks like most people are prepared to do a recording jam this time but we still need to figure out for sure how we're going to do the backing track."

As I explained before, I either need to find out how many people want to take part and make a final list so I can write the backing track, or I need to attempt to copy and paste it into one large one.

Ahh it's too complicated.

I'm installing a Jackson pickup into a BC Rich guitar that has 1 volume, 1 tone and 1 3-way selector switch.

The big black wire that comes from the Jackson pickup has 4 different coloured wires coming out of it but the BC Rich one doesn't, it just has 2 and I think one is soldered to the side of the switch box. It doesn't make any sense if I compare it to any diagram.

"I have no idea. It looks like most people are prepared to do a recording jam this time but we still need to figure out for sure how we're going to do the backing track."

As I explained before, I either need to find out how many people want to take part and make a final list so I can write the backing track, or I need to attempt to copy and paste it into one large one.

Well...

Make ONE backing track in MP3, and will reccord our solo on it, and then mix it in MP3 with any basic program that anybody can find on the net, and then we'll send you our MP3 with the Back and Solo mix together and you make a mix with all our solo on after each other, no ?

ckeck out this page:
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources.11pickupcolorcodes/

you'll find out what wire means what ;). what jackson pickup do you have btw? j50bc?

Yeah I checked that page, means nothing to me unfortunately.

I found this:

http://www.bcrich.com/bcrsupport/schematics/schematic_bronze_series.htm

That's how my guitar looks, 1 volume, 1 tone and a switch.

Notice how there's only 2 wires coming from each pickup and they're actually white so I can't really compare with any of those diagrams.

Fetzer said:
Well...

Make ONE backing track in MP3, and will reccord our solo on it, and then mix it in MP3 with any basic program that anybody can find on the net, and then we'll send you our MP3 with the Back and Solo mix together and you make a mix with all our solo on after each other, no ?

Yeah, that's the 2nd option isn't it? I could try.

I think it's the 1st one, well in my opinion it's easier than making a big backing track, cause this was each people will have the same time for his solo, and you don't need to count and etc.

Anyway in the final, you're the one that got all the job :lol:

... :erk: sorry...

I can help you if you want, like making the keyboard choir/string for the backingtrack.

Well I'm imagining the main problem will be just joining the backing track up evenly so it flows nicely instead of having an obviously jump or skip where I've cut it and pasted it. I think I'll practise with it now or something.

Yeah I checked that page, means nothing to me unfortunately.

I found this:

http://www.bcrich.com/bcrsupport/schematics/schematic_bronze_series.htm

That's how my guitar looks, 1 volume, 1 tone and a switch.

Notice how there's only 2 wires coming from each pickup and they're actually white so I can't really compare with any of those diagrams.

Definetly solder the red and white together and leave them so. Ground the bare wire on the top of the pot. And then play with green and black wire - try grounding one on the pot and soldering one to the tip of the pot and vise versa.

Definetly solder the red and white together and leave them so. Ground the bare wire on the top of the pot. And then play with green and black wire - try grounding one on the pot and soldering one to the tip of the pot and vise versa.

Hmm yeah the red and white one are already joined but my problem is, I just don't know WHERE to put them.

I know what a pot is (I think) but which one do you mean? Volume or Tone?

And also the red and white ones? If the BC Rich pickup had these colours too, I'd be soo easy but it's not (for me at least anyway). :erk:

Dude, I'm telling you guys, if you keep re-encoding Mp3s it's going to sound like shit in the end.

If you're prepared to sort out the backing track and the editing together of all the solos, maybe you could take carge of this one? I'm probably not as clued up as you on that subject.

Do you have the facilities to do all that?

Yeah I didn't thought of that...

We'll need to do this:

- Mitch records a backing track.
- Mitch sends it to peoples.
- Mitch tells peoples to reccord a full quality .wav on it.
- Mitch receives ONLY the Wav without the backtrack that peoples will send to him
- Mitch puts the .wav on the backrack
- Mitch puts all the solos togeter
- Mitch Mixs that.
- Mitch uploads it.
- Mitch posts the link.
- Mitch can now take a rest.

:D

Yeah I didn't thought of that...

We'll need to do this:

- Mitch records a backing track.
- Mitch sends it to peoples.
- Mitch receives ONLY the Wav without the backtrack that peoples will send to him
- Mitch puts all the solos togeter
- Mitch Mixs that.
- Mitch uploads it.
- Mitch posts the link.
- Mitch can now take a rest.

:D

:lol: Yeah...

This:

...Is what I've seen done before but I wasn't sure if people would understand what I meant if I tried to explain it.

But the reason I said make the backing track first was so that I could write an intro, then the main part, then an outro of solo 1/intro to solo 2 like the other jam we did. If I copy and paste, it might change suddenly.

Ahh, I'll just try it.

Hmm yeah the red and white one are already joined but my problem is, I just don't know WHERE to put them.

I know what a pot is (I think) but which one do you mean? Volume or Tone?

And also the red and white ones? If the BC Rich pickup had these colours too, I'd be soo easy but it's not (for me at least anyway). :erk:

Red and white should be soldered together and to nowhere else.

For grounding, it doesn matter, you can put it to either vol or tone pot.

I just took another look at the original wiring. If you take a look at the rear pup in that pic...there's two wires leading out of the pickup...one is soldered to the left side of the switch and one is grounded to the back of the switch. When you put jackson pickup in the guitar, these two wires will be black and green, you just have to try which one is which. Red and white should be soldered together and left so. Solder bare wire to the one pot (on top of it) and you're done.

And BC Rich most likely uses different color designation for the wires ;).

If you're prepared to sort out the backing track and the editing together of all the solos, maybe you could take carge of this one? I'm probably not as clued up as you on that subject.

Do you have the facilities to do all that?

Well, from what I read, it seems like whomever was doing this would keep re-encoding mp3s. Though...I have the software to do it, just not the attention span. I swear I have ADD or something.

Well I know if we wanted the quality to stay the same throughout, we'd need to use .wav so basically we need everyone to record their solo and save it in wave format instead of mp3...and that's it?

Oh and Nazgul, thanks for that dude, I'm going to attempt that now!