TAB Thread.

yeah i noticed for example the kb player in sonata arctica tunes his keyboard down a half step so everything is easier to play

Alright, I've memorized all the notes and fingerings for the verse part, and I can play it at about 50% speed. If you decide to tab any more of the song, hopefully you can at least do the second half of the verse.

BTW, not that it's a big deal, but I had to transpose the lead part back into standard E to get the notes to display correctly on the keyboard. Turns out it's in C - no wonder Janne makes it sound so easy...because it is easy, to play in C that is. :lol:

Oh shit, you're learning this on keyboard? Noice. :cool:

I'm confused...

The verse is in Gmin/Bb so if you wanted to play it in Amin/C and keep the same pitch, wouldn't you need to tune down another whole step instead of putting it up to E??

I would have thought if you tuned up to E, you'd need to play it a whole step lower to keep it the same pitch which would end up being Fmin/Ab.

What's going on. :erk:

(I'll see if I can finish that verse off later)

Here are some .jpg images of this GP4 file:

11. Alexi and Roope warmup exercises (From GuitarOne 2006)

346x8r5.jpg

617182.jpg

402853.jpg

657334.jpg

220035.jpg

42056.jpg

600787.jpg

226008.jpg

253729.jpg

6488010.jpg

2878511.jpg

7804512.jpg

7173913.jpg

469414.jpg

8759115.jpg

And here's some shit player going through them all:

http://media.putfile.com/MP3-exmaples

(Yes, I did spell it wrong lawl)

Exmaples :lol:

Cool stuff though, but i've noticed that it's better for me just to concentrate on a few exercises rather than 5 million, so that it doesn't become overwhelming.

I know what you mean. Personally, I only really like the 2nd example (bending thing) and Alexi's trademark diminished lick. The rest are pretty boring.

Alexi only has a few trademark licks, their cool, but they get really boring after a while.

Oh shit, you're learning this on keyboard? Noice. :cool:

I'm confused...

The verse is in Gmin/Bb so if you wanted to play it in Amin/C and keep the same pitch, wouldn't you need to tune down another whole step instead of putting it up to E??

I would have thought if you tuned up to E, you'd need to play it a whole step lower to keep it the same pitch which would end up being Fmin/Ab.

What's going on. :erk:

(I'll see if I can finish that verse off later)

Sorry, I'm an idiot. Yeah, it's Fmin/Ab. The key of C is one of the pentatonic inversions, and any note in the scale is consonant, as well you know about the pentatonic scale. But I didn't even think about what key it was in, just the first note that gets played.:erk:

Anyway, Janne doesn't detune - he plays in "standard tuning" on keyboard, so when I transposed, the notes don't change, just the fingerings...or something. :confused:

But I've seen him hold an E key while Alexi's playing an "E5" tuned down a whole step so he probably does tune down for Warmen too. I'd been wondering that for a while so I made a point of watching all my live videos until I found out. I think I watched a solo battle and the E key was taped down while they were playing in Emin a whole step down (sounding a D, of course).

:confused: He's still playing though. And he's also using the pitch wheel thing. Well I dno but I saw him play a D so I just tabbed it in D since it's the same key as the guitar that way.

They play in Eb mostly. :)

yeah, and you can see in this video easily that he tunes down, he is only playing white keys the whole solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLrknnFPvY

:confused: He's still playing though. And he's also using the pitch wheel thing. Well I dno but I saw him play a D so I just tabbed it in D since it's the same key as the guitar that way.

pretty sure he keeps his kb in standard and i think he's using one patch for that low d note and another for his lead and the pitch wheel is assigned to his lead only. oh and plus his lead is monophonic so he can only play one note at a time meaning the low note must be another patch.

Most cob songs are in D for the most part; it's a lot easier to play a D minor run (all white keys, how convenient!) than with a C minor fingering. And for the drop C stuff, he'd have to be playing with a Bb tuning, which is a major pain in the ass, probably one of the harder keys to play in actually.

So trust me. I've been playing piano/keyboard for 15 years...not that I have much to show for it. ;)