TAB Thread.

Most cob songs are in D for the most part; it's a lot easier to play a D minor run (all white keys, how convenient!) than with a C minor fingering. And for the drop C stuff, he'd have to be playing with a Bb tuning, which is a major pain in the ass, probably one of the harder keys to play in actually.

So trust me. I've been playing piano/keyboard for 15 years...not that I have much to show for it. ;)

This is really confusing.

I'm watching Chaos Ridden Years now and Janne starts playing this one note at the start of the guitar/keyboard battle and then doing a trill on just that note. The KEY he's holding is a D key, in between the C and the E.

The ACTUAL pitch of it is a C (5th fret, G string on Guitar Pro) but if you tuned GP down a whole step, you'd need to move it up to the 7th fret to keep its pitch. It's the same note that Alexi would get if he played the G string, 7th fret.

You can also see the lowest D key on his board taped down.

This note is the same pitch as Alexi's open E, A & D strings together considering the tuning he's using (CGCFAD). Alexi is playing in the postions of Dmin on his guitar but because they're both tuned down a whole step, it sounds like to a piano or something.

All this indicates to me that to play a D key and get a C note, he's tuned his keyboard down a whole step, right?

Also, Alexi's playing on this particular battle fucking sucks. :cry:

This is really confusing.

I'm watching Chaos Ridden Years now and Janne starts playing this one note at the start of the guitar/keyboard battle and then doing a trill on just that note. The KEY he's holding is a D key, in between the C and the E.

The ACTUAL pitch of it is a C (5th fret, G string on Guitar Pro) but if you tuned GP down a whole step, you'd need to move it up to the 7th fret to keep its pitch. It's the same note that Alexi would get if he played the G string, 7th fret.

You can also see the lowest D key on his board taped down.

This note is the same pitch as Alexi's open E, A & D strings together considering the tuning he's using (CGCFAD). Alexi is playing in the postions of Dmin on his guitar but because they're both tuned down a whole step, it sounds like to a piano or something.

All this indicates to me that to play a D key and get a C note, he's tuned his keyboard down a whole step, right?

Also, Alexi's playing on this particular battle fucking sucks. :cry:

Give me a time reference and I'll check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNgCtcBWgg

If I think I know the part you're talking about, Janne is bending the pitch down a step and slowly climing up as he's trilling away furiously on the D key.

^Agree, too much harmonics and whammy.

Err yeah, and just sucking, in general. All those failed pinch harmonics, failed whammy dives, fast licks that sound like the ut00bas.

:erk:

Give me a time reference and I'll check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNgCtcBWgg

If I think I know the part you're talking about, Janne is bending the pitch down a step and slowly climing up as he's trilling away furiously on the D key.

Indeed.

:lol: Damn right man, rawrkin' tab as usual. :kickass:

You must have a seriously stable attention span (does that make sense) because it takes me like 2 hours to do 6 bars of something because I'm always putting it off. :erk:

:eek: I wanna hear that shizzle!!

I'll see if I can get it done later, I've got alot of other tabs to be done too so I basically just have to decide which one to carry on with.

:eek: I wanna hear that shizzle!!

I'll see if I can get it done later, I've got alot of other tabs to be done too so I basically just have to decide which one to carry on with.

:kickass: I'll try to post a clip after I get off work today. Mind you it not be perfect, but better than any home-made omgjanne videos on youtube, not to sound like a pompous asshole or anything. :saint:

Yeah, that Black Widow outro thingy is something that I noticed too after I watched and practised the licks on Intense Rock II. :)

Yeah man that was awesome. :D Good job.

I didn't get the tab done, I fell asleep after watching the Simpsons. :p

Btw, you should make a video of it and pwn all those Ut00b n00bs.