TAB Thread.

I'm not sure. I would imagine he was in D standard but then again, he played in Drop D on the Jan 2006 YG mag video so he could have just switched guitars.

But here's my tab that shows how you could play that part in D standard. The corrected intro is also in there and the 1st solo.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c6peyb

uhm... two different version, but why not. sounds good. but whats with bar 24?

and isnt the 1st solo not the same like mine, only other fingerpositions?
and look: my first solo bar 57 and your first bar 18... is this easier to play for you?

do you really think that he use a switch guitar? i think that he only use a drop d guitar for studio recording and live he improvises sth. for the 26 fret notes... dont know

uhm... two different version, but why not. sounds good. but whats with bar 24?

Bar 24 I haven't finished obviously.

Arcane-Bodom said:
and isnt the 1st solo not the same like mine, only other fingerpositions?
Nearly.

Arcane-Bodom said:
and look: my first solo bar 57 and your first bar 18... is this easier to play for you?

You've used a natural minor type thing whereas I tabbed an ascending F#min pentatonic scale. 2 different things. Play whichever version you want.

Arcane-Bodom said:
do you really think that he use a switch guitar? i think that he only use a drop d guitar for studio recording and live he improvises sth. for the 26 fret notes... dont know

No, I don't think he switched guitar but I'm not saying he didn't either.

You can pick tap where the 26th fret would be and you'd still get the note so he probably did that. Obviously, I haven't tabbed that bit myself yet so I don't know what to expect.

If you check my tab, bar 28, you can see how I got a high G# note above the 24th fret range so there's more ways around getting high notes other than just fretting them.

crawler64 said:
can you upload this slowed down version of yours, i just wanna hear it

I think I've deleted it, I'll upload it later when I do it again.

Alachi said:
Wow!
Nice tab Warheart

Tnx to Arcane-Bodom too, but i think that we both have to learn some theory

Warheart teach us some!

Thanks.

If you want to learn some theory, I can help but I'd advise just googling a basic "scales, chords, keys" lesson. Something that will teach you about how to play in key.

@ Warheart : i have a bit of theory, my greatest problem is in writing what i play or what i hear, suggestions?:)
i have another question: if i have a chord progression how can i tell wich one is the dominant, and wich scales can i put in it? (or wich notes to avoid?)

tnx

@ Warheart : i have a bit of theory, my greatest problem is in writing what i play or what i hear, suggestions?:)
i have another question: if i have a chord progression how can i tell wich one is the dominant, and wich scales can i put in it? (or wich notes to avoid?)

tnx

hey you should check this out :p http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/musicians-corner/302316-theory-guitar.html

and i know i'm not mitch, but i can tryyy to help you...

for writing down what you hear, that's just simple ear training. well it's not very simple, but the more you practice transcribing, the better you will get at it. you have to be able to recognize intervals and chord progressions.

when you ask about the dominant in a chord progression, are you talking about the dominant as in the fifth degree of the scale? for example if you're in C major in which the notes are C D E F G A B then the dominant note would be G and the dominant chord would be G B D.

now to avoid using the wrong notes in a key, all you do is simply follow the key signature. so again, say you're in the key of C major. the "right" notes for you to play would be C D E F G A B. and then say the piece modulates (changes) into G major. now the right notes to play would be G A B C D E F#.

i don't know if you've seen this before, but the circle of fifths will surely help you to stay in key

circle2.jpg

is all that theory actually necessary - i mean you can use GP to find out a scale on the fretboard and play within that scale and mix it up not necessarily going up and down to create somthing good

is there any theory regarding the different ways a scale can be played?

Thank you Mystique1721:)

a friend of mine wich is a piano teacher told me to learn the circle of fifth but i've forgot the whole thing so i saved you pic tnx

actually i think to have a decent ear to find mistakes in already made tabs, but my problem is the timing to write mine...:cry:

i think that one should learn theory to have a real understand of what he's playing, everyone can do sweeps and cool stuff but to understand can greatly improve you as a player, the problem is that i've never found a musical theory "for dummies" or whit practical example ( is like to tell a description of a picture just reading and without seeing the image, awful)

sorry for my english

metalhead_666 said:
is all that theory actually necessary - i mean you can use GP to find out a scale on the fretboard and play within that scale and mix it up not necessarily going up and down to create somthing good

Yeah, good luck trying to figure out a solo in G#min when you're at band practise without GP4 at hand if you don't know what the G# natural minor scale is or how to create one.

metalhead_666 said:
is there any theory regarding the different ways a scale can be played?

No. There's things you can learn about which notes in a certain scale will bring out the sound of the scale more so you can use it in a more unique fashion but regarding the phsyical side of it, no.

Alachi said:
i think that one should learn theory to have a real understand of what he's playing, everyone can do sweeps and cool stuff but to understand can greatly improve you as a player, the problem is that i've never found a musical theory "for dummies" or whit practical example ( is like to tell a description of a picture just reading and without seeing the image, awful)

Well as I said, there's tonnes of stuff on google, all you need to do is take the time to sit and read it and try to understand it. Of course, me and Mystique are here to help if you need it.

She did a good job explaining diatonic playing, good job.

for great justice, can someone tab Inearthed - Shamed and Possessed?
those songs have like most UNREAL and BEAUTIFUL solos ever.

Thank you Mystique1721:)

a friend of mine wich is a piano teacher told me to learn the circle of fifth but i've forgot the whole thing so i saved you pic tnx

actually i think to have a decent ear to find mistakes in already made tabs, but my problem is the timing to write mine...:cry:

sorry for my english

you're very welcome. feel free to ask any more questions. and yeah, when you understand theory, you will become better a musician :)

and thanks Mitch ;)

No. There's things you can learn about which notes in a certain scale will bring out the sound of the scale more so you can use it in a more unique fashion but regarding the phsyical side of it, no.

can you tell me a little bit more about which notes in a scale will bring out the sound of the scale more

thx