TAB Thread.

Alright but you never responded about my request of romanticide ;)

ino this is not the place but since were talking abt sinergy...can any1 recommend me some good sinergy songs with nice melodies n work with the guitars?

Warheart, and other "tappers": what method do you use when you make tabs? Do you try to figure out the scale, do you slow down the tempo, like with "transcripe!" ? Do you play first on your guitar, and then put them to GP?

Tell me something what makes my tap making easier :)

Warheart, and other "tappers": what method do you use when you make tabs? Do you try to figure out the scale, do you slow down the tempo, like with "transcripe!" ? Do you play first on your guitar, and then put them to GP?

Here's Mitch's response he wrote on the previous page,

I almost always have a guitar to mess about on when I'm tabbing otherwise it could double the time that it takes to finish something and I don't want that since it takes me long enough as it is. I get bored and distracted after like 30minutes nowadays. I've tabbed a Paul Gilbert related song with just my ears and no guitar but it wasn't that hard to play so there wasn't anything that I needed a guitar for, I just used my theory knowledge and figured out what's coming next.

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Property Directory | Wholesale Billiards
Wholesale Batteries
Something Directory

Oh wow, awesome, thanks!!! PM sent!!!!! :worship:

@ Warheart:
i know it is a cover, but it rocks!

I'm not saying it doesn't but their own material is coming first I'm afraid.

ino this is not the place but since were talking abt sinergy...can any1 recommend me some good sinergy songs with nice melodies n work with the guitars?

Corny and Inhe answered your question perfectly. All the songs have something cool about them.

*TaBBers! :)

If need be, I'll slow down a passage with Windows Media Player and just try and figure out whatever it is I'm listening to. Then, I'll just write it into GP and see if it sounds right.

1) Find out band's tuning
2) Figure out key of song (fuck around with the guitar)
3) Think logically to how the artist would play it. (no absurd and impossible positions)
4) Mess around with guitar pro, slow down the song, whatever
5) ????
6) PROFIT!

Ok, let's solve the mistery of tabbing out most metal-lead lines by ear:

Learn the modes (ionian/dorian/phrygian/lydian/mixolydian/aeolian[natural minor], harmonic minor, melodic minor/ lokrian) + scales like the diminished one. Especially in 3-note-per-string-patterns.

And with "learning" I mean: They have to be in your blood. You should be able to play them on each step even if someone wakes you up at 3 o'clock in the morning. I'm still glad, that my first guitar teacher forced me to learn them.

I know that it sounds a bit dogmatic. But when you have played the scales very, very often, figuring out lead-lines becomes easier and easier.

Perhaps the other tabbers will rip me now, but it worked for me, hehe.

P.S. I don't know the right english words for the modes, sorry.

Ok, let's solve the mistery of tabbing out most metal-lead lines by ear:

Learn the modes (ionian/dorian/phrygian/lydian/mixolydian/aeolian[natural minor], harmonic minor, melodic minor/ lokrian) + scales like the diminished one. Especially in 3-note-per-string-patterns.

And with "learning" I mean: They have to be in your blood. You should be able to play them on each step even if someone wakes you up at 3 o'clock in the morning. I'm still glad, that my first guitar teacher forced me to learn them.

I know that it sounds a bit dogmatic. But when you have played the scales very, very often, figuring out lead-lines becomes easier and easier.

Perhaps the other tabbers will rip me now, but it worked for me, hehe.

Even though this works more than well, learning all the modes is more than necessary for tabbing out almost all metal. Simply learning major/minor and maybe harm. minor and diminshed should suffice.

Even though this works more than well, learning all the modes is more than necessary for tabbing out almost all metal. Simply learning major/minor and maybe harm. minor and diminshed should suffice.

I think just also getting certain patterns in your ear helps too. Like the Malmsteen "down a third, up a diatonic step" deal. However corny has a great point. Which btw,
Corny said:
you spelled them all right except for loCrian :)

I would say it's enough to figure out the right notes. But to have no problems with fingerings that make sense, all the modes help. That's just my experience.

I think just also getting certain patterns in your ear helps too. Like the Malmsteen "down a third, up a diatonic step" deal. However corny has a great point. Which btw, you spelled them all right except for loCrian :)
Oh thanks.

hey mitch, do you have tabs for your paul gilbert live @ SIR studios video? I'm really just interested in the part(s) preceding the high e string low e string lick (i just want to see how he sets it up), and the on the ground tapping part.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just a standard Paul Gilbert string skipping sequence in E minor with a D# added in a times for spice. The tapping bit is just a simplified version of Vivaldi's 4 Seasons that Paul also played on Guitars From Mars video. All the tabs you need should be on the Racer X forum.

That is just a standard Paul Gilbert string skipping sequence in E minor with a D# added in a times for spice.

is it just his descending string skipped 7th arpeggios (like the sequence in the 1987 anaheim clinic mitch tabbed)?

The tapping bit is just a simplified version of Vivaldi's 4 Seasons that Paul also played on Guitars From Mars video. All the tabs you need should be on the Racer X forum.

lol whoever asked for that Mozart bit alexi played in that one vid... ^^

do you know which movement that tapping is from?

btw, thanks altitudes.

edit: bar 69 - intro to Red Light In My Eyes Pt. 2 :lol: