TAB Thread.

I meant in Windows Media Player :loco:
Sorry to bring this back up, but hopefully it's helpful. Doing what I described pans all sounds coming out of your speakers, WMP included. You can also bring up the WMP equalizer and there is a pan on that as well.

Hey, I'm gonna put up some pictures of the bridge when I get home from work, but I have another question I never thought of asking here.

When I try to play standing up, I have problems with the angle of the guitar. I play in the "classical" position when sitting down, and that's how I'd like to play standing up, but I find that when I play standing up,the neck strap being attached to the underside of the top part of the V (as I said before I'm playing on an ESP Alexi V-600) seems to pull the right side of the guitar up, which puts my guitar at the opposite angle that I want, AKA with the neck angled towards the ground instead of up for easy hand access to high frets.

Am I doing something wrong in the way I'm holding it or something? Is there something I can do to make it not slide down like this? I can't stand having to constantly fight the guitar to hold it at the right angle... it makes it so much harder to shred.

Hey, I'm gonna put up some pictures of the bridge when I get home from work, but I have another question I never thought of asking here.

When I try to play standing up, I have problems with the angle of the guitar. I play in the "classical" position when sitting down, and that's how I'd like to play standing up, but I find that when I play standing up,the neck strap being attached to the underside of the top part of the V (as I said before I'm playing on an ESP Alexi V-600) seems to pull the right side of the guitar up, which puts my guitar at the opposite angle that I want, AKA with the neck angled towards the ground instead of up for easy hand access to high frets.

Am I doing something wrong in the way I'm holding it or something? Is there something I can do to make it not slide down like this? I can't stand having to constantly fight the guitar to hold it at the right angle... it makes it so much harder to shred.

Just tighten the strap until you feel like it's a decent position so that you can reach the higher frets, you can also try to do the Alexi-way (get down on the floor and having the guitar on your left leg) that should help... a bit :p I don't usually sit the classic way with my guitar but it think that it should fix the problem.

Like that:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IaKwBc53jBQ[/ame]

"We're sorry, this video is no longer available." :(

Huh, i never knew he actually rested it on his leg while standing.

I tried raising it and stuff, I remember trying that, but it still slid down in angle :(

I never tried lowering it so low that I could rest it against the leg tho... I always assumed alexi just played with it that low because it's more metal, haha.

That comment remind me about that video. Well nothing more, continue tabbing! :D

Haha yeah, poor Kirk.

Warheart>> Have you looked into tabbing/correcting the Jeff Loomis song?

I thought about it but I don't think I will. I was only really interested in seeing how he was playing the sweeping bit. I like the intro of it on the Youtube vid though so maybe when his album comes out, I'll have a go.

Sorry to bring this back up, but hopefully it's helpful. Doing what I described pans all sounds coming out of your speakers, WMP included. You can also bring up the WMP equalizer and there is a pan on that as well.

Isn't there a way to make just the right guitar play in both speakers?

Dr. Shred asked me to do a try on the Smile Pretty For The Devil tab, I'm gonna start out with it tomorrow and see how far I can get =)

Cool. :)

I don't know how the guitar's neck can face the ground when you're using your left hand to hold it up towards the sky. Unless you're saying that it does that only when you let go and that's it's heavy?

I don't know if all RR24's do that but it doesn't with my RR. Maybe you just need to hold the piece of strap that's over your shoulder and pull it back so it angles it differently, or get a strap that's made from a different material?

hey warheart can you please PM to me all your new bodom tabs. (blooddrunk album) I'm a big fan of all your tabs. thanks man...

Yeah I'm saying if i don't support it with my left hand, it does that. And yeah, it's relatively heavy. It's not like THAT heavy, but it makes it much harder to play fast riffs and especially hard to sweep pick when I have to physically hold up that side of the guitar with my left hand.

all flying v guitars have the same feel that the head is moving downward. The feel is different from the basic guitar(not v shape) . so if you're not comfortable just switch to other guitar shape..

so how do you deal with it? I mean I know alexi doesn't have that problem, whether it's that he rests it on his leg or some other solution.

When you watch him play he can take his left hadn off the guitar without it tilting downwards. He clearly isn't having that problem.

actually I'm used to it. So I'm comfortable with that. mmmm yeah Ive seen him clapping his hand and the guitar dont go downward. maybe because in his left leg standing on the monitor. I suggest that you practice and be comfortable with it. maybe some other guy can help you with your problem. Try to adopt to your guitar.

Here's a VERY interesting ear test:
http://www.delosis.com/listening/home.html

Basically, you'll hear 2 different short melodies and you have to guess if they are same or not.

Here are my results:
1. test: 18 out of 30
2. test: 23 out of 30

I am very interested what Mitch, Epi and other tabbers will get :). Take this test if you can, you don't have to register or anything...takes about 10 minutes.

Average score is about 25 on each test and the test has been taken 130,000times. My ears suck LOL.

Here's a VERY interesting ear test:
http://www.delosis.com/listening/home.html

Basically, you'll hear 2 different short melodies and you have to guess if they are same or not.

Here are my results:
1. test: 18 out of 30
2. test: 23 out of 30

I am very interested what Mitch, Epi and other tabbers will get :). Take this test if you can, you don't have to register or anything...takes about 10 minutes.

Average score is about 25 on each test and the test has been taken 130,000times. My ears suck LOL.

I'm doing the test right now but I have a problem because often i've the feeling that the rythm is wrong but the notes are right so I don't know whether my computer/internet connection sucks or I should answer "different"

anyway this is a good test too.

EDIT: First 25 second 21 maybe I'm gonna do it again and answer different when the rhythm seems to differ.