TAB Thread.

Thanks, but what's the benson picking style? I googled it and they all say you rotate the pick counter-clockwise, which seems kind of vague and i don't know the axis/perspective to theoretically rotate from.

I've never had a teacher, I just did what felt natural. Curiously, on one forum I found through googling the benson technique someone was saying that the benson technique seems to cater to people who have the ability to curl the last joint of their thumb backwards (commonly referred to as "hitchhiker's thumb"), and I in fact can do that :)

Still have no idea really what it means tho.
Yea its essentially just turning the pick and at the same time turning your hand more. Its really weird. I've got a hitchhiker's thumb too but it feels awkward playing like that...heh

back to cob now! :p
i just fucked around with mitch's tab everytime i die and this is the result:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1b9e8p
i tried to tab the intro of tuska2003, and to correct the keyboards at the verses (i don't know if the keys is right at all, but it sounds good imo)
i don't care what you guys do with it, just in case anyone's interested or wanna use something:)

thanks man!

Mitch did you catch what I said about the ''Fuck You'' thing?

Haha I understood that. Does the tab from http://www.metal-tablatures.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Tabs.html look accurate enough you think? If not I will surely do it.

Well, IMO is not really accurate. Here's an example:

Trsack 1 is Metal Tablatures guitar, track 2 is what IMO the play, tell me which you think is more accurate (mute track 1, hear, mute track 2, hear, then tell, :lol:):

Norther - Fuck You (intro)

Thx:kickass:
yes,you're reason but it's also my mic(it's:puke:):lol:

Ah ok.

thought it was yours as you didn't mention someones name after it:)
howd u like the keys on verses

Nah, I just corrected the solo ages ago. I have my version in the first post now but it's very incomplete.

And your keyboard bit is correct. Check my tab, we got pretty much the same thing. :D

Mitch did you catch what I said about the ''Fuck You'' thing?
[/URL]

Yeah, but I know there's a song called Fuck You, hence why I wrote what I wrote, and then (hehe). ;)

TAB UPDATE!!

Children Of Bodom - Blooddrunk - 06 - Tie My Rope (Album)

• Corrected fingering on Gtrs I & II (bar 21, 25, 29 etc)
• Corrected Gtr III/Kybrd unison (bars 90-92 & 95 etc)
• Changed fingerings for Gtr III (bars 106 & 107)
• Corrected keyboard (bars 62-69)
• Added keyboard to chorus (bars 70-81)
• Added the splash cymbal during drum fill (bar 123) haha!

Guitar Heroes (2007) - Alexi Laiho - Sioux City Sarsaparilla

• Corrected Gtr III (bars 1-11, 86 & 92-99)

Arcane/FollowedTheReaper: I'd like to see the Lobodomy tab please.

Hey Mitch, on the instructional DVD i didn't think Alexi played sloppy except from the Living Dead Beat one. I kind of rushed through mine because my dvd drive isn't working so i had to borrow someones laptop. I thought he played pretty clean throughout most of it.
Anyway, on the bastards of bodom interlude (before the solo) do you use strictly use alternate picking starting on a downstroke, i find it difficult. (unable to check how alexi does it, no laptop :lol:)

Hey Mitch, on the instructional DVD i didn't think Alexi played sloppy except from the Living Dead Beat one. I kind of rushed through mine because my dvd drive isn't working so i had to borrow someones laptop. I thought he played pretty clean throughout most of it.
Anyway, on the bastards of bodom interlude (before the solo) do you use strictly use alternate picking starting on a downstroke, i find it difficult. (unable to check how alexi does it, no laptop :lol:)

Sorry dude, I don't have it so I can't say.

The website that's doing it doesn't accept paypal or SOLO bank cards.

I'm looking at a tab on the net and it looks like something typical of Alexi lately and I'm guessing he would start with a downstroke and use alternate picking, yes.