TAB Thread.

I'm away from home at the moment, but at least I'll be tabbing the guitars. But it doesn't seem that difficult to me (at least just from listening). Rather moderately difficult.

My current opinion of the song, by the way: 6/10
After listening to it several times, I tend to give it a 5 rather than a 7.
Can you upload IWC tab please? I can’t see your signature on my phone. Thanks man.

Alexi has only down two Young Guitar Demonstrations. The Vivaldi and Jam with Roope are both from the same issue. I’m surprised he never did any more since he came back and did DVD lessons for HCDR, Bloddrunk, RRF, HOB and I Worship Chaos along with supplying various tabs to riffs & solos for playing analysis, interviews and lessons.

There are a few tabs for the Vivaldi video and one for the jam.

Alexi has only down two Young Guitar Demonstrations. The Vivaldi and Jam with Roope are both from the same issue. I’m surprised he never did any more since he came back and did DVD lessons for HCDR, Bloddrunk, RRF, HOB and I Worship Chaos along with supplying various tabs to riffs & solos for playing analysis, interviews and lessons.

There are a few tabs for the Vivaldi video and one for the jam.
There’s plenty of young guitar of Alexi demonstrating...usually comes with a dvd.

I own all of his Young Guitar lessons and the TABs that come with the corresponding magazines. Plus some extra songs tabbed in the magazines.
To be completely honest - I trust Arcane, Mitch, drawnacrol and most of the members here more with correct TABs than the magazines itself. Some of them are definitely wrong.

Edit: Picture proof that I actually own them
cJsK4wY.jpg

Last edited:
There’s 3 types of guitar tabs in Young Guitar magazines. Tabs the artist sent in, Alexi used to do this a lot when being interviewed or making a lesson. Tabs from a DVD lesson, the problem here is they tab what the artist plays which often doesn’t match the studio version and they tab any mistakes. The last tab is the Score where they tab full songs. For some bands these tabs can be better than anything on tab sites but for bands like Bodom they aren’t as accurate as what you would find in this thread. The main problem with Japanese tab is the fingering positions are usually quite off but what’s interesting is many of those Japanese tabs had parts that Alexi tabbed for them. I wonder why they didn’t just get him to check the tabs over or even write full tabs for the magazine.

There’s plenty of young guitar of Alexi demonstrating...usually comes with a dvd.

Yep like I said he only ever did 2 Young Guitar demonstrations, Vivaldi and the roope Jam for the Passage to the Reaper lesson. Everything after that was just riffs and licks mostly from the current album at the time played unaccompanied. You can view them all in the video thread Arcane started.

There’s 3 types of guitar tabs in Young Guitar magazines. Tabs the artist sent in, Alexi used to do this a lot when being interviewed or making a lesson. Tabs from a DVD lesson, the problem here is they tab what the artist plays which often doesn’t match the studio version and they tab any mistakes. The last tab is the Score where they tab full songs. For some bands these tabs can be better than anything on tab sites but for bands like Bodom they aren’t as accurate as what you would find in this thread. The main problem with Japanese tab is the fingering positions are usually quite off but what’s interesting is many of those Japanese tabs had parts that Alexi tabbed for them. I wonder why they didn’t just get him to check the tabs over or even write full tabs for the magazine.

Yep like I said he only ever did 2 Young Guitar demonstrations, Vivaldi and the roope Jam for the Passage to the Reaper lesson. Everything after that was just riffs and licks mostly from the current album at the time played unaccompanied. You can view them all in the video thread Arcane started.
My bad bruh I figured a video of riffs/licks would be considered a demonstration? Appreciate the info.

I do agree though the scores are usually pretty off point.

yo, I need some help.

I have been trying tot ackle this song for ages, however some parts/sweeps are just to fast.
Can anyone verify this is not sped up, because it looks so fishy to me and since after practicing for months I still cannot get it up to this speed;

When a video is speed up, you can always tell by the unnatural movements and the fact that everything always looks a bit choppy and mechanical. But here everything looks normal.
Take a look at yo onityan videos. I always think his videos are speed p, but he's just so fast.

When a video is speed up, you can always tell by the unnatural movements and the fact that everything always looks a bit choppy and mechanical. But here everything looks normal.
Take a look at yo onityan videos. I always think his videos are speed p, but he's just so fast.

yeah that is the reason I am asking here. his hair seems to move naturally, but the crappy video quality and such make me suspecious.
the first sweep he does is absolutely insane I cannot get it up to speed especially since the 2nd sweep is kinda Barrred with left index finger so your muting has to be EXACT.

upload_2021-6-28_23-10-52.png

I am looking for ways to do this differently but just transposing notes along the fretboard hasnt gotten my very far yet.
(lack of musical education showing haha)