TAB Thread.

┼Victim of the Night┼ said:
I don't play guitar (at least, I sing.. :) ) but I can understand that you love music so much to give less importance to other things (like to take a nap the ragain strenght), cause when it's possible I do almost the same thing..... but to act like that, are you a student or are you working?

(ps: if you think it's too personal for you, feel free to not answer me or say "fuck you"... you're not obliged to be kind...)

Neither at the moment. I'm trying to find a decent job right now and I'm hoping to train to be a music teacher next year so I'm just basically taking a year long break before I have to be responsible and mature and whatnot because then I'll need to find a another place to live, then pay bills, get a car etc etc. I'd rather never have to do all that but unfortunately, it can't be avoided so I'm just having some fun for now even though I hardly play guitar anymore.

Mystique1721 said:
thanks mitch. you were pretty accurate on those triplets starting at measure 8. nice job. oh, and where were you able to find the sheet music?

Indeed, those triplets were like the easist part. It's trying to hear the way that the harmony is arranged which is the tricky part. I should have guessed there'd be 6ths in there and I didn't think to use 2 note on 1 instrument. :erk:

oh, and I got the sheet music from google.

<-Warheart-> said:
Neither at the moment. I'm trying to find a decent job right now and I'm hoping to train to be a music teacher next year so I'm just basically taking a year long break before I have to be responsible and mature and whatnot because then I'll need to find a another place to live, then pay bills, get a car etc etc. I'd rather never have to do all that but unfortunately, it can't be avoided so I'm just having some fun for now even though I hardly play guitar anymore.

So you finished your studies for the moment...
You want to find another place to live? You live in England... but maybe there isn't a better place... :)

Ok, it's time to leave this thread to who deserves to stay here... you all Tab Dudes... *greets :wave:... bows and leaves*

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532; said:
You want to find another place to live? You live in England... but maybe there isn't a better place... :)

Ok, it's time to leave this thread to who deserves to stay here... you all Tab Dudes... *greets :wave:... bows and leaves*
Rofl, trust me, there are better places than england :lol: especially with the chav / emo thing lately

tab dudes and dudettes :heh:

I might go play "In the Shadows" in a minute. I just put my guitar in C# because I wanted to feel the tension of 11-50's in that tuning instead of D. D's a little better but my action won't go any lower and I want it lower. :(

Need a new guitar. Someone, gimme money.

Also, I'll play Touch Like Angel of Death because Lake Bodom is hard. :erk:

<-Warheart-> said:
If I had my friends big guitar amp here with me, I'd record it. :erk:
that'd be awesome, i think all of the guitarists on the forum should all record the same song and like look at each others playing, could be interesting gettin tips etc from each other :erk:

<-Warheart-> said:
If I had my friends big guitar amp here with me, I'd record it. :erk:

Oh, no.... Warheart's friend, where have you hidden your big guitar amp?! We need it... :cry: *falls into an abyss of desolation*

:cry:

:)

I might be able to record something... Maybe that In The Shadows or something. Never played that one though. :)

Epi said:
I might be able to record something... Maybe that In The Shadows or something. Never played that one though. :)

Go for it. Just do any song. :kickass:

Oh, no.... Warheart's friend, where have you hidden your big guitar amp?! We need it... *falls into an abyss of desolation*

I know!!! I could use the little effects thing I used to record my Paul Gilbert cover with but that tone isn't really tight enough for Bodom. :erk:

Kattana said:
that'd be awesome, i think all of the guitarists on the forum should all record the same song and like look at each others playing, could be interesting gettin tips etc from each other

Cool idea. If you want me to take part, choose a song I've already recorded so I don't have to do it again. :)

Epi said:
Yeah, please do... it would be really cool! :)

<-Warheart-> said:
I know!!! I could use the little effects thing I used to record my Paul Gilbert cover with but that tone isn't really tight enough for Bodom.
Hmm, maybe it doesn't fit well, you know better than everyone...then if you say so, ok...
But if you try to play those songs, even though the "quality" is not that good, we won't bash on you... we know that sometimes there are obstacles that render impossible to record near perfection... :)

<-Warheart-> said:
Go for it. Just do any song. :kickass:

I know!!! I could use the little effects thing I used to record my Paul Gilbert cover with but that tone isn't really tight enough for Bodom. :erk:

Cool idea. If you want me to take part, choose a song I've already recorded so I don't have to do it again. :)
have you done hatebreeder / in the shadows? oh yeah well i think we should asll do either of them 2 :kickass:

Epi said:
I've tabbed some parts of that song a long time ago.

If I remember correctly I tabbed it over the first Pulsation tab that's found on internet, so there's some of the rhyhtm parts from the old tab.

Don't know about them fingerings either. Oh, well:

Sinergy - Pulsation

Hey that's a good sounding tab. I don't know how accurate it is but it sounds pretty close to me, best tab of it yet. Thanks.

Kattana said:
have you done hatebreeder / in the shadows? oh yeah well i think we should asll do either of them 2 :kickass:

I haven't record either one no, I was going to record the Hatebreeder solos but I haven't learnt/practised them enough for them to sound perfect.

Another first post update:

Just incase any of you missed some of the tabs that have been uploaded by myself or Epi in the last few days, these are the ones that are now in the first post.

01. Alexi Laiho sweep picking licks powertab
02. Bodom After Midnight with correct solo
03. Don't Stop at the Top
04. Downfall - CRY live intro
05. Hate Crew Deathroll
06. Oops I did it Again
07. Sixpounder
08. The Nail sweep picking section
09. We're Not Gonna Fall solos
10. Sinergy - Pulsation

what are some good excersises for economy picking? somebody told me i should start economy picking. i tried practicing it for that warm up excersise alexi does, but i think it makes more sense to just alt. pick on that one...anyone have any good economy picking excersises?

Try Silent night bodom night one for practice.

I'm gonna try and record a full bodom song sometime hopefully... probably Children of Bodom when i bother to finish learning it

hah, looking back i found a short mix i did of the song CoB after 9 months of playing, did this about 7 months ago.

Not bad mixing for a newb, used a crappy line 6 spider amp to record :p, i play the intro correctly now, this one is the wrong tab. only play the first few mins

http://www.therugbyforum.com/uploads/3rdCOB.mp3