TAB Thread.

AlexiLiimatainen said:
I might do a bodom song, but it's such a pain in the ass 'cause I'd have to retune to D. I love playing the guitar, but I fucking hate tuning and changing strings and all of that other bullshit. Keyboard players have it so easy.

You call yourself a COB fan and your guitar isn't ALWAYS tuned to D standard???:guh:

;)

umosay said:
hah, looking back i found a short mix i did of the song CoB after 9 months of playing, did this about 7 months ago.

Not too bad for a semi-beginner, actually. You already seemed to have a strong, steady down-pick.:kickass:

Mystique1721 said:
what are some good excersises for economy picking? somebody told me i should start economy picking. i tried practicing it for that warm up excersise alexi does, but i think it makes more sense to just alt. pick on that one...anyone have any good economy picking excersises?

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Maybe give it a year or 2 so you can get your alternate picking to the point where you're happy with it, and then focus on it if you really want to. Although, I believe that alternate is the superior one. If you want exercises, google it.

umosay said:
Try Silent night bodom night one for practice.

There's no economy picking in that, it's all alternate or swept.

AlexiLiimatainen said:
I might do a bodom song, but it's such a pain in the ass 'cause I'd have to retune to D. I love playing the guitar, but I fucking hate tuning and changing strings and all of that other bullshit. Keyboard players have it so easy.

Just learn how to tune to D on a guitar with a floating bridge, which is what I'm guessing you have. Everyone makes it out to be rocket science when it's a simple as changing a string.

Everytime i Die said:
i should record kissing the shadows too

Make sure it's clean...please?

Epi said:
So I finally recorded In The Shadows... Didn't take too long to record this (you can clearly hear it too :D ).

Full of mistakes etc.. Blah:

http://download.yousendit.com/9E5D9595271D8D0A

Whatever... I can't play shit. :erk:
its not bad!
perhaps i should have a go at this :kickass: wheres the backing track / tab from so i can do the same version

I think this should become a new thread, all the recordings of in the shadows in

Kattana said:
its not bad!
perhaps i should have a go at this :kickass: wheres the backing track / tab from so i can do the same version

I think this should become a new thread, all the recordings of in the shadows in

Thanks! :)

Well, I made the backing track myself (it's in D-tuning) and I really don't have a proper guitar tab for the song. It's mostly improvised so that's why there's many parts played differently or are missing. :erk:

I can upload the backing track for you guys. :kickass:

Epi said:
Thanks! :)

Well, I made the backing track myself (it's in D-tuning) and I really don't have a proper guitar tab for the song. It's mostly improvised. :erk:

I can upload the backing track for you guys. :kickass:
its no problem, i found a decent tab its just not got the neo classical part right near the end, so if you could upload a tab for what you played for that part id appreciate it a lot, thanks:kickass:

Kattana said:
its no problem, i found a decent tab its just not got the neo classical part right near the end, so if you could upload a tab for what you played for that part id appreciate it a lot, thanks:kickass:

Sure, I'll tab it the way I played it (it's pretty sure incorrect though, just sounds "about" right). :)

Here's the backing track...: http://download.yousendit.com/E4D6C14101FF4277

...and here's the tab (unfinished & incorrect :D ): Children Of Bodom - In The Shadows

Kattana said:
lol, itl be more correct than the tab ive got and thanks a lot dude :)
could you also tab out the clean section at around 30 - 40 bars? or just tell me the name of the chord please, thanks

No problem dude! :p

I used the chords Am - F - E then Am - G. Don't know if they're the right chords, just sounded pretty much right. :D

Edit: The tab I uploaded still has some parts from the old tab I beginned with. Probably the same one you already have. :erk:

Fetzer said:
I can nearly touch my bellybutton with my hair :lol: I think they maybe need a cut :erk:
Rofl? we should all take pics of our hair :lol: i can get mine in my belly button if i curl a small bit :kickass: mines curly atm thuough, if i straightened it itl be longer