TAB Thread.

Fetzer said:
Mitch will say:

"Please... dudes... can you, like... stop being off-topic... it's... yah my tab thread so..."

"No."

"ok... ok... don't be so harsh... oh..."

:lol:

Ok, we stop... now.
LMFAO!!!!!! i didn't think mitch was like that? roflmfao "please...dudes......" :lol: yeah its a bit mean, it is his thread and its the longest thread in the forum (non sticky)

Shhhh.

Good job on the recording Epi. How do you make your backing tracks? I'm sure it's a much quicker/easier way than mine.

<-Warheart-> said:
Shhhh.

Good job on the recording Epi. How do you make your backing tracks? I'm sure it's a much quicker/easier way than mine.
what's your way? i sometimes just delete the tracks i want to play off of guitar pro and export it to midi :erk:

Kattana said:
what's your way? i sometimes just delete the tracks i want to play off of guitar pro and export it to midi :erk:

That's what I used to do but MIDI sucks.

I program the drums into Beatcraft which usually takes long enough if it's a full song. EQing also takes up extra time.

Then I make sure the bass/keyz in the GP4 tab are correct and export them as seperate .wav files.

Then mix them in Cool Edit Pro and record the guitars when I'm satisfied.

<-Warheart-> said:
Shhhh.

Thank you! :)

Well, I already tried to write down the explanation about how I do my BT's (when you asked me the first time about the Downfall recording) but the forum was somehow fucked up and I didn't get to post my message. :erk:

First off I start with GP4 and tab the drums, keyboards, etc. Then I convert the gp file to midi and open the midi file with Fruity Loops. Then I just throw some soundfonts over the midi tracks and save the tracks one by one in wave form. Then I open up Adobe Audition (this is the program I use for recording also) and place the wave files to the tracks. Audition has also pretty large selection of different kinds of effects and things like that which I sometimes use to make (atleast try) the BT sound a little bit more realistic. :)

I remember finding very detailed instructions to this on some forum, can't remember what was the url though. :erk: I try to find the instructions if they still are online. :)

From here you can find a very large collection of different soundfonts: http://www.hammersound.net/

Edit: I noticed you use Cool Edit Pro. If I remember correctly that's the same program as Adobe Audition? Adobe bought the rights to that program or something a few years back.

Ahh right cool, thanks for that. I have Fruitly Loops but I've never bothered playing around with it so I might have to 'cause Downfall was awesome.

Abode Audition is the same thing as CEP yeah, I dno why I never call it that though.

And I'll check that site, thanks!