TAB Thread.

Hello. Help please with tabs songs . That party drum 4 cycles . Can not ( ( ( Help please )

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I don't really get the tuning changes either. As song sounds damn near the same whether it's played in D standard or E standard. Palm mutes are the only thing that sound slightly heavier in D. Drop tuning is required for some riffs that have fast changing power chords on the low strings. If you have clean singing in your songs then the tuning can be adjusted to fit the singer's vocal range.

To be honest, I don't really get the tuning changes either. As song sounds damn near the same whether it's played in D standard or E standard. Palm mutes are the only thing that sound slightly heavier in D. Drop tuning is required for some riffs that have fast changing power chords on the low strings. If you have clean singing in your songs then the tuning can be adjusted to fit the singer's vocal range.

To my ear atleast songs sound completely different if you change the key of the song.

To my ear atleast songs sound completely different if you change the key of the song.

Well they sound higher/lower, but the notes and their relations are identical or damn near so to each other, so they sound pretty much identical. The differences are just a few cents so it's not as if they would really sound different.

They don't play old stuff in C sharp do they? I never care about transpositions.

Well they sound higher/lower, but the notes and their relations are identical or damn near so to each other, so they sound pretty much identical. The differences are just a few cents so it's not as if they would really sound different.

the intervals are exactly the same if the mode stays the same regardless of the key (a,b,c,...,g). IF you only switch keys, to me it sounds a bit different based solely on the fact that some keys are used more than others in metal. However, if one changes the mode, the difference in atmosphere (hurr hurrr) and sound is very clear.

To me D-minor sounds much happier and brigher than C#-minor. The mood is completely different even if the ''note distances'' remain the same.

the intervals are exactly the same if the mode stays the same regardless of the key (a,b,c,...,g). IF you only switch keys, to me it sounds a bit different based solely on the fact that some keys are used more than others in metal. However, if one changes the mode, the difference in atmosphere (hurr hurrr) and sound is very clear.

:D (It's funny how Joonas has made the word "atmosphere" pretty much into an inside joke on this forum :D)

There's actually microtonal differences between the intervals on a guitar when you play in different tunings as the frets are straight. If you want a perfectly intonated guitar you need crooked frets like the ones on the "True Temperament" fret boards. Of course, no one except some total freak can hear said differences. Mostly you notice it when playing chords with distortion and they get out of tune when going up the fret board. That doesn't happen with the TT fret boards due to the intonation adjustments for each note.

I've never noticed different keys sounding different because f being used more than others, but what I have noticed is that you can make anything sound instantly way more epic by modulating it up by a whole step. Works every freaking time. :D

The 0.5-1hz pulsations is the best thing since sliced bread though

When I tabbed Morrigan, I thought a few times my guitar is out of tune when I tried to figure out some higher notes. Then I compared my guitar with guitar pro and it sounded the same. But a few times I had some real problems to find the right tone in GP when I compared it with the original track. Some notes seem to be between 2 notes.
I don't know if it's unclean playing of Laiho or if it's really because of the drop B guitar.

:D (It's funny how Joonas has made the word "atmosphere" pretty much into an inside joke on this forum :D)

There's actually microtonal differences between the intervals on a guitar when you play in different tunings as the frets are straight. If you want a perfectly intonated guitar you need crooked frets like the ones on the "True Temperament" fret boards.

I've never noticed different keys sounding different because f being used more than others, but what I have noticed is that you can make anything sound instantly way more epic by modulating it up by a whole step. Works every freaking time. :D

Yeah the word "atmosphere" is tainted forever.
I didn't remember that about intonation but it's exactly true.
Modulation is awesome!