TAB Thread.

One thing that just makes a GP4 file sound better is different guitar sounds and panning. I noticed you did panning on most but this is just a note to anyone. Have one guitar "distortion" and the other "overdrive" and pan left and hard. Doesn't always have to be hard, 100% because sometimes, bringing them in a bit sounds better and actually increases volume.

Gigaton

I hope you don't mind but I fiddled around with your solo too and made it fit the chords a bit better and put it in C#min.

Solo

Just a quick rundown of what I did:

Bar 2: Changed most of the notes but kept the same form.
Bar 3-6: Moved up 2 frets like I said so it's now in C# pentatonic minor.
Bar 7: Changed a few notes, D to D#.
Bar 8: Changed the 2nd arpeggio to a B major so it fit over the B major chord.
Bar 9: Made the bend up to D# instead of E.
Bar 10: Basically just arpeggiating a G#maj chord, which is the chord that the rhythm gutiars are playing.

Hopefully you can see by that now how I used the notes from the scale and tryed to make it fit over the chords that are playing.

The other stuff kinda reminded me a little bit of Lamb of God with the Drop D chromatic riffs etc. Bit of hardcore influence too.

EDIT: Did you look at the We're Not Gonna Fall solos that I tabbed??

Yeah, it sounds kinda weird but it gives that sense of 2 different guitars. If you have both the same sound, it kinda sound weird for me.

Before I hit the pillow, I'll upload my solos that I've written. I'll probably only put one in the final jam thing and I can't decide which one. :erk:

Waheart's solos

Holy shit Warheart!

Those solos sound fuckin' amazing! :kickass:

My favourites are probably the 2nd and the 3rd solo. I love the harmonies in the 3rd one.

Very good job and nice idea that jam -thingy. :kickass:

can some one please post a bodom after midnight tab of the solo with the fingure tapping and everything completly accurate the old files dont work so if anyone can help i would love it. thanks

You don't actually need to know much theory at all to write a solo, what you do need to have is a good pitch (i think it's called pitch in english atleast) so that you actually hear if anything sounds right or not.

And i love the gp Jam idea, sounds awesome :D

<-Warheart-> said:
Certainly will. You taking part?

Ehh, I would, but to be honest, Im not good at making solos. Like I dont know the correct pitch to put it in, and everything like that, plus Ive never written any good solos, its something I should probably work on :p. But if I have time, Ill try and make one.

But your solos turned out great. :D

Maybe we could like...

Somebody start a Gp files, like two backing guitar, with string, and drum and bass, and after he makes a solo of like... 10 bar, and pass it to the next, who continue with same or different back and etc, no ?

Mitch - Check PM.

xcobhcx said:
can some one please post a bodom after midnight tab of the solo with the fingure tapping and everything completly accurate the old files dont work so if anyone can help i would love it. thanks

I fixed the fingerings and added legato lines etc

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uoj1n8

Rock Hydra said:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...4C8E4069F73435

Okay...another attempt...I think this one is better.

Stole my harmony idea did ya? :p

Cool solos.

inhe said:
You don't actually need to know much theory at all to write a solo, what you do need to have is a good pitch (i think it's called pitch in english atleast) so that you actually hear if anything sounds right or not.

And i love the gp Jam idea, sounds awesome :D

Yeah that's true but it does help to know keys/scales at least so you at least have something to start from and always go back to. 9 times out of 10, a diatonic solo will sound better so it's just easier to find the notes you want I guess.

xshadowsoulsx said:
Ehh, I would, but to be honest, Im not good at making solos. Like I dont know the correct pitch to put it in, and everything like that, plus Ive never written any good solos, its something I should probably work on . But if I have time, Ill try and make one.

But your solos turned out great. :D

Ahh c'mon man, doesn't matter about who's better. It's a learning process, you might find that you write out a wrong note by accident and it ends up sounding great or something. Just experiment, that's all I do. :loco:

Fetzer said:
Maybe we could like...

Somebody start a Gp files, like two backing guitar, with string, and drum and bass, and after he makes a solo of like... 10 bar, and pass it to the next, who continue with same or different back and etc, no ?

This is pretty much what this will be when they're all combined. It's going to sound really great. You adding one?

Oh, and thanks for the comments on my solos, I think I prefer the 3rd. :)

^ Ye, the basic scales like Ionian, Dorian and so on, aswell as some basic arpeggios ofcourse makes it alot easier. But some people complained that they didn't know enough theory to write a solo, and that's why i said it isn't so hard!

I'm looking forward to hear how the whole thing is going to sound! When will you be making it? And i prefer the third solo you did aswell. :)

inhe said:
^ Ye, the basic scales like Ionian, Dorian and so on, aswell as some basic arpeggios ofcourse makes it alot easier. But some people complained that they didn't know enough theory to write a solo, and that's why i said it isn't so hard!

I'm looking forward to hear how the whole thing is going to sound! When will you be making it? And i prefer the third solo you did aswell. :)

I think it would have been easier for some people if the backing track was in Amin instead. I know mystique doesn't know C#min to well but knows the Amin scale, and although it's the same thing just in a different position, it definitely throws people.

I've started the backing track but I've just got to copy and paste it a few more times and fix it up a bit, transcribe Alexi's solo for it and maybe wait a few more days to see if anyone else wants to give it a shot.

Fetzer said:
Sure, but... what do you want ?

Us making our own solo, with our own backing track ? Or we'll make solo on a specific backing track ?

We're all doing it on the same backing track.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/63z28o

Warheart posted a tab with the backing tracks to a Kyll&#228;hullut song, and he proposed that people made their own solos on the backing track!

S&#229; g&#246;r ett solo nu!

Hmm i see...The Nail Sweeps tab then? :erk:

Nej men nu f&#229;r du v&#228;ll f&#246;r fan ta o ge dig?! :D jag suger p&#229; gp :erk:

-[chop]- said:
Hmm i see...The Nail Sweeps tab then? :erk:

Nej men nu får du väll för fan ta o ge dig?! :D jag suger på gp :erk:

That was some dude who posted them because someone told warheart to learn them or something!

Men jo! Gp är hur lätt som helst att lära sig! :lol: