TAB Thread.

K ive been playing for about 7 years now, only seriously for about 1 (I had shitty teachers, and just had no motivation since they wouldnt teach me what i wanted) so I've been working on lots of stuff, random Bodom riffs, my own stuff, lots of improvising (its probably what im best at) playing guitar with vocals, and some band work. So my question is where should I go from here? Ive got very fast and coordinated hands, great tapping skils and not-so-great sweeping skills, but where should I go from here. Im not losing inspiration, I love the guitar and Id be happy with just doing what Im doing, but I need a challenge and I want a suggestion. Tell me a harder song for me to learn, and I will learn it, jusst give me a suggestion. Preferably dont pick a song with lots of chording in it, I hate chording with a passion.

P.S. If you want to know exactly how good I am, go to youtube and search up the Hourglass vomit riff, from Lamb of God. I can play that cleanly and up to speed on a shitty 20 dollar acoustic guitar, and I was at that level after about 20 minutes of practicing. (my electric guitar is in the city getting a new pickup put in, so Im stuck with that terrible acoustic.)

Technique all the way man. If you ever want to be better, just aim at harder songs like Yngwie Malmsteen's Far Beyond the Sun. If you like Wintersun, try to play their songs. I tried to find your video but there's like 3 thousands of the same cover on youtube. First step: Try to nail easy sweeps like the one in Bed of Razors. Then head to sweeps from Warheart and SNBN...etc.

Technique all the way man. If you ever want to be better, just aim at harder songs like Yngwie Malmsteen's Far Beyond the Sun. If you like Wintersun, try to play their songs. I tried to find your video but there's like 3 thousands of the same cover on youtube. First step: Try to nail easy sweeps like the one in Bed of Razors. Then head to sweeps from Warheart and SNBN...etc.

I didnt actually have a video, I just wanted people who didnt know what that riff was, to search it up just so they know what it is and its diffficulty. Considering I was playing it on a $20 acoustic guitar.
Ive never been one to do entire songs, but rather just riffs and parts of songs. Simply because there are some parts that I'd be learning and memorizing things that arent necessary to make me better. So yea, but thanks for the suggestion, Il get on that as soon as I get my electric guitar back. (I ordered the EMG ALX, but the store ordered the wrong one for my guitar, so I have to wait like a week still.)

I know this is taking things back a little but I've been playing for almost 2 years and I started with you're better off dead arpeggios the first week of playing guitar along with bastards of bodom intro lick... tbh I had nothing to do and I love music so I decided to make something out of it.... My advice is tackle what you want just put in the hours... and get some background info the next time you learn something harder/easier it'll come faster... that was my belief and if you want you can check me out after basically 2 years...
www.youtube.com/skyxcomx

I've been playing serious for a year now, started back before 3 years, but I didn't start with bodom, but slower stuff. Now after a year of playing something completely different, I'm able to catch up on some solos, but I'm kinda losing motivation about it, I play 1 hour max 2 a day. I mean there is no one in this dead town to play with and I used to go up to 6 hours a day back when I got my guitar. I'm gonna try to record the Hatebreeder solo soon...

It's been a while since I've returned to this place, but I just wanted to thank Warheart and everyone who's contributed to this thread. It makes re-learning old Bodom material so much nicer, and the GP files are also always cool to simply jam along with the guitar track muted :)

I wonder if there's anything I can tab or help tab. I haven't been keeping up with the newest Bodom/Alexi or any related material (if there is any) at all.

Cheers :popcorn:

fuck year warheart, good to see everything's over

it reads even gp3 files. has batchconverter (so you can transcode tuxguitar tab files into gp files),but it lacks some features,which i never used in guitar pro (rse for example)

wat, my tuxguitar fails at exporting to GP, please help

I would try to re-download it from their site.

I just d/l it a month or so ago and it transfers all GP files I have gotten up to date to tuxguitar files. Now I can finally read all the tabs from this thread.

You have it the wrong way round, I said EXPORTING. I can read GP files just fine, but when I convert .tg files to .gp(x) people with GP cannot open them.

What do you think about roope's first band Stone? I try to make tab for "meat mincing machine", but it is toooo hard for me. If someone has tabbed that or any other Stone song, please put them online:)

Don't laugh! It pisses me off when you spent hours for one tab, then somebody post a version without vocals here, you listen to it and realize that you can't tab anything good when vocals are over the instruments...