Tad Morose is still alive!!

Near the top of what?

Lol... I thought the exact same thing when I read that post, and was going to post it, but you beat me to it! :heh:

Man, this thread is making me recall their kickass ProgPower performance a few years back. Maybe I'll crank up Modus Vivendi, since the followup *still* isn't out! :zombie:

It's hard to get excited about Tad Morose at this point. They've lost their singer, who was the defining aspect of the band, and a guitar player, who was one of their songwriters. Getting excited about Tad Morose at this point, is like getting excited about driving a Ferrari whose engine and transmission have been replaced with Isuzu parts.

Zod

Yeesh - way to stay positive Zod
I can understand not being excited about them right now, but if you are or ever were a fan, ya gotta be supportive.

I too was bummed when they split with Urban - great frontman, and their performance was a killer at PP, as well as at Powerfest. The subsequent shows I teched for them in Sweden and Norway with Joe the new singer were very good as well. I heard a lot of potential with the new tunes

I am friends/acqaintances with all in the Tad camp.. However - I have heard new tunes by Tad, Trail of Murder, Wolf, The Krunt/Lefay project, and Steel Attack... all bands with the members (or ex) of Tad.
All the stuff is cool.. so we did lose an awesome band lineup, but have had some good new stuff ready to come out. The Daniel and Urban Project sounds great, as does the last round of Tad song I heard.
Try to be patient, and be supportive.

If you don't like the new stuff when it comes out... then feel free to lambaste them all you want. If it is good.. we may have 4-5 bands worth of good material.

I'll wait until stuff comes out before I form an opinion

Where did I state an opinion? I simply said, having lost their vocalist and a guitar player/songwriter, it's hard to get excited about the new disc. Factor in, they replaced one of my favorite vocalists, with a vocalist I don't care for. With Power Metal (more than any other sub-genre), if I'm not a fan of the vocalist, I'm not listening to the disc. So I believe I have good reason not to be excited.

If you're excited about the new disc... cool. I'm not. That's not an assessment or an opinion of the forthcoming music, it's merely a reflection of my anticipation level.

Zod

im not excited either, they lost all momentum they ever had. yall can get excited all you want but im gonna get excited about something else...like...umm... Lunch maybe? yeah, i think excitement over lunch is better than excitement over Tad Morose. (here comes Tad Morose joke) .......they are leaving me a bit Tad Morose...
sigh.

Where did I state an opinion? I simply said, having lost their vocalist and a guitar player/songwriter, it's hard to get excited about the new disc. Factor in, they replaced one of my favorite vocalists, with a vocalist I don't care for.
Zod
That, by definition.. is an opinion. from wikipedia An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something. and online merriam webster 1 a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

Not saying I am waiting with baited breath my life is too damn busy - I'll hear it when I hear it.

Regardless... I know what you mean, and agree that they have lost momentum, and respect your right to have whatever view (is that a better word than opinion) you have

That, by definition.. is an opinion. from wikipedia An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something. and online merriam webster 1 a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter
Wow... now I understand what the word "opinion" means. Thanks for enlightening me.

The insinuation is, you would wait to hear the music before forming an opinion, whereas I had already done so. I was merely pointing out, I wasn't offering an opinion of the forthcoming music, only my anticipation level.

Zod

Zod - whatever you want to think is fine with me. If I misread.. sorry, but to me it looked like you were giving up on the music before you heard it...
Out of repect to all those guy in the bands, and in respect to Glenn since this is his forum... I'll have nothing else to contribute to this thread

I love Urban era Tad Morose, but I'll have to hear this new lineup before buying. Otherwise, I'd buy blind if I knew the old lineup was involved.

By the way, both the Tad Morose and Brainstorm sets from PPV are legendary in my book! :headbang:

~Brian~

Zod - whatever you want to think is fine with me. If I misread.. sorry, but to me it looked like you were giving up on the music before you heard it...
Not at all bro. I will definitely check out the new disc when it's released. However, for me, the vocalist is an especially critical part of Power Metal. And I'm just not a fan of their new singer.

I understand you have a personal relationship with some of these bands. My intent was not to be critical of them (as they've released nothing to be critical of), only to express that I have less cause to get excited, given the changes to the group's personnel.

Zod

The Tad Morose set with Urban was one of the 10 best performances of PP that I have seen. The band lost something tremendous when Urban left. I will honestly download the album to listen to it before purchasing because Urban's voice made this Band to me.

Not at all bro. I will definitely check out the new disc when it's released. However, for me, the vocalist is an especially critical part of Power Metal. And I'm just not a fan of their new singer.

I understand you have a personal relationship with some of these bands. My intent was not to be critical of them (as they've released nothing to be critical of), only to express that I have less cause to get excited, given the changes to the group's personnel.

Zod
:headbang: