Taking up guitar really is worth it!!!

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
From my experience, the drummer always get the sluts while the guitarist get the inhibited goth/hipster weirdos.

My gf is more into whiny girly vocalist then guitar players. I can sit there and shred all day...... no fucks given from her haha.

Actually.....I know that feel, bro.

Mine likes stuff like The Used. While the production is great, I just can't get into the whiny vox. My ex though.....modern "rap"/dance/whatever you wanna call it all day. Sooooo many times I about tucked and rolled out of her car.

It sure doesn't apply to all stringed instruments though; I bought a cheap mandolin on a lark, within 1 hour of taking it out of it's box my wife banned me from playing it while she was home ever again! :lol:

I don't say this from personal experience, but from what I've seen the best combination by far is acoustic guitar and singing, you will be fighting the ladies off with a stick....supposedly :).

I don't say this from personal experience, but from what I've seen the best combination by far is acoustic guitar and singing, you will be fighting the ladies off with a stick....supposedly :).

Unless you're a whiny emo fucker.....

I have a buddy who is constantly complaining on FB about how he is single and wah wah wah and makes a new video just about every day of himself playing guitar and singing and its just....not good, to say the least. No girl wants to see that kind of desperation!

:guh:

Yep... There seems to be a correlation between how close you are to being a vagina, and how much vagina you'll subsequently attain!

As a creepy death metal-head the only girls that seem interested in me are scene/goth whatever girls, my last girlfriend said she had a mini-orgasm in her pants when I told her I played guitar :Smug:

As a creepy death metal-head the only girls that seem interested in me are scene/goth whatever girls, my last girlfriend said she had a mini-orgasm in her pants when I told her I played guitar :Smug:

One thing that scares me is if I were to become single again and have to hunt for another female. It gets harder the older you get. I'm almost 31 and I still love the shit out of metal, headbanging, beer drinking, etc.....And to think about trying to pick up chicks at a show or something.....I'll be that creepy, old, fat, metalhead guy in the corner.... :lol:

Maybe it's different with younger girls, but almost every girl I've dated loved it at first, then it's becoming a problem, and later breaking up because "I have to grow up"

Some people still thinks I should be having infinite talks about how good turquoise curtains go with wenge furniture. And I don't.

My current gf wants me to keep on playing though, but she hates the music.

It sucks that I will never find a girl that listens to music I like, or even shit remotely close. Closest I've got was my last GF that liked bands like Trivium, High on Fire, Bullet for My Valentine, all of which are shit IMO. Other than that there are a shitload of chicks into "screamo" stuff which I guess is my only current market :lol: