Taking up guitar really is worth it!!!

Maybe it's different with younger girls, but almost every girl I've dated loved it at first, then it's becoming a problem

THIS x 1,000!!!

It's always great at first. "You looked soooo hot playing that show tonight....."

A year later.....going to my shows is a chore. And.... "You didn't tell me I looked pretty at the show tonight!!".

-.-

It sucks that I will never find a girl that listens to music I like, or even shit remotely close. Closest I've got was my last GF that liked bands like Trivium, High on Fire, Bullet for My Valentine, all of which are shit IMO. Other than that there are a shitload of chicks into "screamo" stuff which I guess is my only current market :lol:

Don't worry about that, that's pretty common ;) None of the girls I've dated even liked this music at all. Current one is into edith piaf and roisin murphy so go figure haha

With my look and personality I would never be able to date a "regular" girl, all of the girls I've dated so far were batshit crazy sceney weenies.

More older you get more you will not give a shit about the type of music she hears because that will be the least of the problems in a girl personality and frequentlty die hard fans of metal music have quite narrow opinions about everything.

I don't say this from personal experience, but from what I've seen the best combination by far is acoustic guitar and singing, you will be fighting the ladies off with a stick....supposedly :).

Haha yeah :D I started playing acoustic and singing pop/rock covers and yep, they are all over it :lol:

What I've read, when you can sing and make music, you are somehow "ALPHA". Everybody is listening when you're playing/singin and you are in the center of attention, like an alpha guy.

And bitches love alpha guys :lol:

Two things

First, I play all the major rock instruments, so I guess I have a compounded advantage =P

Secondly, I AM 31, and girls at this age... well it could just be a thing in TX, but... young girls are airheads and all partied out, annoying as fuck, and seem to all have kids... seriously
Girls my age are like... divorced and bitter and pissed off and just ready to be selfish twats who seem to want to revert to their college party years again.. its some Sex and the City shit.

Its ridiculous... a nightmare... so I just bang em and leave... not to be a playboy, but cuz trying to "Work it out" is a pretty fruitless exercise, lol.

No, it's like that everywhere, I assume, at this age. How do you find a nice woman who doesn't have kids? (No offense to the single mommies out there at all, but I'd really rather have my own children and not just "become" someones daddy).

Secondly, I AM 31, and girls at this age... well it could just be a thing in TX, but... young girls are airheads and all partied out, annoying as fuck, and seem to all have kids... seriously
Girls my age are like... divorced and bitter and pissed off and just ready to be selfish twats who seem to want to revert to their college party years again.. its some Sex and the City shit.

I'm 34 and it's the same here. It's like "I dated a dickhead once so you'll suffer everything I didn't do once"

Also, kids. I don't usually mind kids around, but you just can't pretend I wish to be their father. They already have one, dickhead or not. I'm just with her mom :lol:

That being said, it's really difficult to find a girl that doesn't have serious issues, traumas or whatever. We all have issues but I just gave up in the search.

Fortunately, the guitar still works with my wife of 16 years and she still likes the music we both liked back when first got together over 21 years ago. She's gone with me, as well as taken me to (at her request), shows running the entire gamut of metal and hard rock - small club shows and arena gigs, everything from the New England Metal & Hardcore fest (at least 4 times - 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2006), Maiden (multiple times), Priest, Testament, Metallica, Fates Warning, Dream Theater (at least 5 times), Heaven and Hell, ... all the way to Rush and AC/DC.

We're both in our mid 40's so if 31 is OLD, we should be dead ;) But our taste in music is still working for us :headbang:

I waited to 30 to get married which was a great decision - our 20's were wild times, but still a lot of fun which has continued all these years later despite maturing a little bit over time - just a little bit mind you ;)

True story: my ex-girlfriend who had broken up with me five months earlier visited one of the gigs of this really shitty, shitty punkband I played in back then and afterwords she took me back to her parents house and couldn't even contain herself until we were inside, result: blowjob in the frontlawn and we were a couple since then for 2 and a half years. Guess this guitar thingy kinda does work...