Tatoo Idea??

That is the symbol that represents the Greek word 'atheoi.' The symbol 'a8eoi' is a symbol that appears in the New Testament in the 'Epistle to the Ephesians' which was written by St. Paul when he was imprisoned in Rome. Anyway, basically 'a8eoi/atheoi' translates into English to mean "to be without God."

Atheoi is also the Greek word that atheist originated from.

I have not done Greek since the end of high school, but unless I am mistaken, that is the plural- I think the singular would be Atheos- Plural Atheoi, Neuter Atheon. Plus you are mixing lower case and caps on the same word I think (again, not done Greek in 10 years)

Check it out before you commit to putting it on your skin! Do you want me to ask a native speaker of Greek?

@ Celtik Militia: Pretty funny, just saw your tatoo and I plan on having the death knot (Odin's knot) myself, but between my shoulderblades.
It will sit in the middle of the battlefield of Ragnarök (where the giants, the fenris wolf, the midgård serpent, etc. are all on the right side of my back facing my left side and some of the gods and some vikings and valkyries on the left side facing the right. Hugin and munin will "peek" out from behind the death knot in the center of the battlefield. Later on Naglfar will be added escaping the battlefield from my right side of the back towards my right shoulder/arm.

I've also set myself on having my own Thor's hammer including one or two vinking iconographic serpents inside it as well as my name "Alex" (will be spelled "Aleks" due to no X existing in the old futhark) with two large serpents entwining behind and around it.

I'm proud of my Swedish heritage and intend to show it on my body ^^

Well, I did promise I would get that Pictish crescent and rod thing if I was made permanent at work... so watch this space. It will probably happen in the new year anyway, but if I am employed then... it is tat time! :heh:

If I don't chicken out before, that is... unsuportive other half

I'm turning 18 in a couple weeks, gonna get what is supposedly a norse sea charm on my chest...I like the design so even if it isn't completely authentic I'll be happy :) I figure since I'm going to be working at sea I should get something symbolically protective. When I graduate from my engineering program I'll get the traditional "OIL HERE" around my belly button :p

here is my new tattoo as well, a million thanks to Chris at Cynical Tattoos. It took about 3.5 hours to complete but it was well worth it and I love the way it turned out. I found the image from a certain website but added some different runes. Including the Wunjo rune, the Raido rune, the Tiwaz rune and of course the Odal rune at the bottom. Also incorporated is Thors' 2 goats at the bottom. I hope you enjoy!

logantattoo.jpg

Mjolnirtattoo.jpg