Tatoo Idea??

Skif_the_Red

New Metal Member
Oct 13, 2006
Hey Vikings-

I have a tatoo of Odin's Triple horns on my left arm....I'm, thinking about getting another norse symbol on the other arm......I'm tentative about the valknot though. Anyone know any other cool symbols with cool meanings?:headbang:

I bet that there's like atleast three threads like this one already, so you should've posted this one there.

But I'm having the same problem. I've already got Ukonvasara (sort of finnish equivalent for Mjölnir), and am totally going to get more.

I've been thinking of Hugin & Munin, Sleipnir or some rune/bindrune... Or just some vikingish tribal of some sort. Or maybe I'll stick in more finnish themes, and pick up something from Kalevala. Dunno yet...

im trying to think of one of these too, so fat i have a concept in mind tell me what u guys think of it,

Im going to put Ygdrasil (tree of life) at the top where my shoulder is and have the roots branch all the way down my arm (and have celtic knots all through out) and through out my arm have different things to do with norse mythology like mjolnir etc.

ooor i was going to have that but have my arm show different events of ragnorok throughout my arm and have different symbols aswell (with ygdrasil on top and its roots throughout my arm) somthing like that i need to draw it out first

The Vaulknot on one shulder, and the triple horn of odin on the ohter.. it'd be rad.

Though, other cool ones are some of the runes. they have some significance, you can also do thors' hammer, and as mentioned above, Ygdrasil, or valkyrie.

My next tattoo will be valkyries flying over my shoulder blades, to pick up the fallen warriors in battle; on my lower back. It's going to be fucking awesome. :p

im trying to think of one of these too, so fat i have a concept in mind tell me what u guys think of it,

Im going to put Ygdrasil (tree of life) at the top where my shoulder is and have the roots branch all the way down my arm (and have celtic knots all through out) and through out my arm have different things to do with norse mythology like mjolnir etc.

Thats pretty much what i want, sorta, Yggdrasil on my fore-arm with the the braches going up to my shoulders with Muin & Hugin sittin on them, i dunno. I wish i could draw.

Thats pretty much what i want, sorta, Yggdrasil on my fore-arm with the the braches going up to my shoulders with Muin & Hugin sittin on them, i dunno. I wish i could draw.

that will look awesome bro!!!!

im in the process of tracking down a brutal viking with a battle axe to get on my leg. no luck so far. saw a few ideas at the shop but im still undecided on how i want it to look.

The Vaulknot on one shulder, and the triple horn of odin on the ohter.. it'd be rad.
The Valknut is generally not that good an idea unless you're truly willing to die for Oden. Bearing the Valknut means you're saying you are, and you might well find yourself on the losing end of a battle if Oden should want you by his side sooner than you expected.

that will look awesome bro!!!!

im in the process of tracking down a brutal viking with a battle axe to get on my leg. no luck so far. saw a few ideas at the shop but im still undecided on how i want it to look.

I hope so man! I had a decent pic of a Viking on the front cover of my year 8 Histroy project hah, ill hunt it down and see how it is. If i can i'll scan it for ya man. \m/

I am thinking maybe a Troll Cross Would be cool? OR Possibly Mjollnor? Any one have or know of a good mjollnor design?

tathe6.png

My shield arm. Again. We should combine all the tattoo threads into one big-ass one...

a few months ago i draw a tattoo-like design of Yggdrasil for a friend i have. he wanted a tree running up all his spine and the branches coming around on his chest. it gave this :

IMG_0239.jpg

im not thinking of having any tattoo for myself. or if ever, im not rdy for it yet. but i must admit a tattoo of hugin and munin would be nice. not necessarily on me though.

I am thinking maybe a Troll Cross Would be cool? OR Possibly Mjollnor? Any one have or know of a good mjollnor design?

The Thors Hammer pendant i wear around my neck is probably my favourite design, i dont have a pic of it though. Ill try get one up ASAP for ya to see what u reckon of that design, although, i dont want you to use it for a tatt coz i am haha.

The Valknut is generally not that good an idea unless you're truly willing to die for Oden. Bearing the Valknut means you're saying you are, and you might well find yourself on the losing end of a battle if Oden should want you by his side sooner than you expected.
yea. Unless you are willing to devote your life wholey to him i wouldn't get it

ooor i was going to have that but have my arm show different events of ragnorok throughout my arm and have different symbols aswell (with ygdrasil on top and its roots throughout my arm) somthing like that i need to draw it out first
Either will look great and fucking metal! The only thing that I have to say is, when you're getting something that big, find someone that's a good tattooist. :kickass:

Use Google.

From Wikipedia:
"The Valknut (Old Norse valr, slain warriors + knut, knot) is a symbol consisting of three interlocked triangles."

valknut.jpg

and as L33ch already said, "The Valknut is generally not that good an idea unless you're truly willing to die for Oden. Bearing the Valknut means you're saying you are, and you might well find yourself on the losing end of a battle if Oden should want you by his side sooner than you expected."

You mean you're not?

The triplehorn and the knot are my next. Just have to figure out where i'm putting 'em.