Tatoo Idea??

I'm gunna finally get my wolf finished...then maybe people wont ask me..." Why do you have a tattoo of a collie on your arm...."

I'm getting a Norse dragon on the top of my forearm in a week or so. I already have STRENGTH in eldar futhark on the side and Sleipnir from the Tängvide rune on my inner bicep. I might be getting Mjolnir on my inner forearm after the dragon as well.

haha, my mom is planning on giving me a tattoo for my birthday

now I just need to convince the girlfriend, last time I brought it up she told me if the tat comes, she goes.

bitches be crazy fascist motherfuckers sometimes

now I just need to convince the girlfriend, last time I brought it up she told me if the tat comes, she goes.

bitches be crazy fascist motherfuckers sometimes

Boyfriends can be hard to sway too. Mine is a proper metal dude and he is not convinced about my getting a tattoo.

You'd have to make it pretty big, Lassie, so the ink doesn't bleed together in a few years.

Er? :confused: further proof I know nuthin' about tats, it is something I had not considered. I was going for all black ink to avoid different rates of colour fade, but did not know that it can bleed into one big blob. :cry: confused!!!!

Boyfriends can be hard to sway too. Mine is a proper metal dude and he is not convinced about my getting a tattoo.

What's his parents' view on tattoos? My girl's parents think tattoos in any way, shape or form are a thorough mutilation and they've indoctrinated her with that view.

Ah, right. Well at least he's got an opinion of his own then, although that might not be as preferrable in this case :p

Er? :confused: further proof I know nuthin' about tats, it is something I had not considered. I was going for all black ink to avoid different rates of colour fade, but did not know that it can bleed into one big blob. :cry: confused!!!!
Yes, you can get some pretty bad "bleeding". It depends on where you put it, what kind of needle is used (sort of) and how well you care for it, but even then, sometimes you get bleeding. My own tat is several years old, it's black and he used a big needle on it, and I used udder cream while it was healing (yes, I do mean udder cream), and my tat is as crisp today as it was when I got it. The lines on it are wide, though, and it is fairly big, so even with bleeding, it wouldn't end up looking like a blob. Bleeding is more obvious with the thin lines and small patterns. Then you can end up with tats that, after a few years, look like a blob. Lots of people get cover up tats for that reason. The artist will know how small you can go without getting too much of that - it's a matter of actually listening to their advice.

I would say somethin like that arm or leg. As far as ink bleeding it would depend on the artist that does your work ,well and of course aging . for instance I have one that I've had for goin on 15yrs now. To this day the lines are so fine its hard to tell there is even an outline. Biggest trouble I have found is color but I hear they even have new ink out that makes that even less of an issue.

I would say somethin like that arm or leg. As far as ink bleeding it would depend on the artist that does your work ,well and of course aging . for instance I have one that I've had for goin on 15yrs now. To this day the lines are so fine its hard to tell there is even an outline. Biggest trouble I have found is color but I hear they even have new ink out that makes that even less of an issue.

Getting that cream seems like udderly useful advice. :heh: Now seriously I think I may sacrifice the "filling" of the pattern, make it simpler, avoid the risk. I had always wondered why celtic tattoos with intricate patterns were so big...

Edit: Simpler pattern. I think it's even nicer:
tattoo.jpg

I'll definitely shop around to find someone who knows what they're doing, but being a newbie myself I hope I can spot them! :p

Getting that cream seems like udderly useful advice. :heh: Now seriously I think I may sacrifice the "filling" of the pattern, make it simpler, avoid the risk. I had always wondered why celtic tattoos with intricate patterns were so big...

Edit: Simpler pattern. I think it's even nicer:
tattoo.jpg

I'll definitely shop around to find someone who knows what they're doing, but being a newbie myself I hope I can spot them! :p

Not a bad design either,although I like the first one better. Do what I do...I spend several hours not just trying to find what I like but also looking thru the examples of the various artists work. Also for aftercare...if they have it most shops will sell an ointment that is beeswax based rather than petroleum based...I havent tried it but my cousin did and said it healed up alot quicker and the color(dunno if your goin for color or not) stayed brighter.

Here are a couple of mine...my camera sucks I know

m_0743bb3d4822b8e374194a49e0a0889f.jpg

l_07105d16106420ff5c621ba042181213.jpg

I was thinking of getting a tattoo of this...

CelticTrinKnot2.jpg

with all of the lines made up of this patterning...

celtic%20knot%20cross%20stitch.jpg

on my right shoulder.

I'm not sure what it stands for in Norse mythology, but to me it shows that not everything is as simple as it seems (I get this from actually trying to draw the trinity knot and absolutely failing at it... drawing that is pretty hard!)

what do you guys (and gals) think?

Either way, I have to wait till I graduate from college (5 years) before I get it because my dad said that he would stop paying for my college if I got it.

I think it would look pretty sweet personally...I am trying to decide what my next one will be...and takin my little brother for his first piece in a couple weeks :D