Tatoo Idea??

I finished drawing my futur tatoo on paint... i didn't actually draw it, i took different images and symbols and but them together the way i want it.
I'm not going to post it here though cause i don't want anyone to steal it from me considering its very personnal :p but in brief its this :
Yggdrasil.jpg

With Hugin and Munin on top (on each side.. i don't know what to put between them though... perhaps the triple horns), elhaz rune (life) in the space on the left of the tree, calc rune (death) in the opposite space, eihwaz rune (yggdrasil) on the tree trunc. Then under the tree, written in breton (gaelic) the moto of brittany (« kentoc'h mervel eget bezañ saotret » which means "better to die then to be filthed(?)") in latin letters but celtic style.

I'm mixing norse and celtic stuff cause it corresponds to my ethnic heritage (and of course, i like the symbols and meanings of everything i decided to put).

it'll be tatooed on the top of my right arm, the ravens will probably be at shoulder level. after that i'll probably get some celtic or germanic knots around my arm or something.

You mean you're not?

The triplehorn and the knot are my next. Just have to figure out where i'm putting 'em.
I am, and I'm not implying you aren't, either. I'm just saying the Valknut isn't to be taken lightly, is all. If you're one hundred percent certain you're willing to live and die for the Allfather then by all means, go for it.

The best tattoo idea would be to have Oli drunk on Jagermeister do an after show tattoo to a lucky fan ... that would be a lifetime of pure viking spirit.
I believe there is a Fester story that goes along those lines, only it was a different band and it was the tattooee that was drunk and got the after show (or was it in the middle of the interview??) tat on the lower part of the leg...

I wanna get one. I told myself, if I get a decent enough job, that will be my first extravagant purchase, a cool tattoo.

I want a Pictish crescent and spear shape, like this- What I have not yet decided is where I should get it.

pictish_crescent6.jpg

You'd have to make it pretty big, Lassie, so the ink doesn't bleed together in a few years. On a chick, it'd look awesome on the small of the back. Mine's on my shield arm.
Oh, and to anyone who posted after Samhel, thanks for not posting the onehundredandeleventhousandth "what does that triangle thingy mean"! (Of course you'll do that now that I said not to...I know how you little fuckers tick!) I'd like a sticky that says "Oden is Swedish for Odin" and no comments under it, along with a sticky that says "A Valknot is a symbol for Odin and his warriors" with no comments under it. That'd be cool.

You'd have to make it pretty big, Lassie, so the ink doesn't bleed together in a few years. On a chick, it'd look awesome on the small of the back. Mine's on my shield arm.
Oh, and to anyone who posted after Samhel, thanks for not posting the onehundredandeleventhousandth "what does that triangle thingy mean"! (Of course you'll do that now that I said not to...I know how you little fuckers tick!) I'd like a sticky that says "Oden is Swedish for Odin" and no comments under it, along with a sticky that says "A Valknot is a symbol for Odin and his warriors" with no comments under it. That'd be cool.

Small of back was my first choice, but I still have to determine if that thing about tats in your lower back and childbirth don't mix is an urban legend or not. A friend of mine who is pregnant got an earful from her doctor for having a back tattoo...

Another thing that the pictish crescent moon and spear shape has going for it (or ANY Pictish symbol for that matter) is that no one really knows what it stands for, so much about them is just guesswork but that symbol comes up really often. So I just have to say "its a Pictish symbol" and be done with it.

It may mean "this way to the lavvies, son" :lol: and the arrow points the direction.

What thing with child birth?? I can see that it might be not-so-great if it's up high enough on the back that they can't see to stick the needle in for an epidural or some other dumb excuse like that, but what metalhead woman ever needed one of those, anyhow? Bet you it's a bunch of BS. If I knew what the issue was, I could ask my BFF. She's an emerge nurse now, but she used to be in the delivery room before.

tattoo a giant beard on your chin! wouldn't that be viking-ish?
could also get the sun-cross. but people might mistake it for something else.
I would do somekind of raven.

What thing with child birth?? I can see that it might be not-so-great if it's up high enough on the back that they can't see to stick the needle in for an epidural or some other dumb excuse like that, but what metalhead woman ever needed one of those, anyhow? Bet you it's a bunch of BS. If I knew what the issue was, I could ask my BFF. She's an emerge nurse now, but she used to be in the delivery room before.

Read about the issue in Snopes. It is mostly BS. Ultimately, it depends on the doctor, some are absolute fascists about women being unable to have any fun at all. Anyway, if the women in my family are anything to go by it will be squeeze, and out... Fuck epidurals, we're tough!

These days anything is bad for you, healthy children have been born for centuries with their mothers living on a diet of ale and bread and the odd turnip if they were lucky.

Hey, can anyone make a drawing of AMON AMARTH in runes (black characters)?
I'd love to have that on my arm but I'm a disaster with pencil and paper.
Anyone??
Thanks