Tattoos anyone

fireseed

New Metal Member
Jun 28, 2008
do you guys have celtic / nordic / viking tattoos?

i just got my first one yesterday and would love to see some of yours and maybe some inspiration!

DSC02299klein.JPG

Nice tat man, I have that necklace hanging around my neck as we speak.
Tina, really isn't not a good idea to get a tattoo in summer? Why not (I am curious). I plain to get my avatar on my shoulders, one valkyrie per shoulder blade, will have FF symbol for AA branded on the horses. If it's true I shouldn't get it in the summer, maybe I will save extra pennies and get it when I come to Germany.

thanks dudes!! :)

im 18 and cant afford it
this one cost 200 EUR in Germany. A friend of mine got the Metallica Ninjastar for 80 EUR. Prices here are OK imho, i don't know how it is in other countrys.

I will get me one in autumn, just saying "Odin" written in runes. I was told it is not a good idea getting a tattoo in summer, so I am gonna wait ;)
Thats cool! I was thinking about a runeword too, but couldnt decide which :D

It is ok to get your tat in summer.
You just are not allowed to go swimming or sunbathing for a week or so. If the skin then is healed, you can do everything normaly.

I plain to get my avatar on my shoulders, one valkyrie per shoulder blade, will have FF symbol for AA branded on the horses.
That location is awesome. You could also do two wolves or ravens on the shoulderblades and Odin in the middle. but I think I wouldnt dare such a huge motive..

I thought about come celtic knots on the lower leg for the next one.

That location is awesome. You could also do two wolves or ravens on the shoulderblades and Odin in the middle. but I think I wouldnt dare such a huge motive..

I thought about come celtic knots on the lower leg for the next one.

Well my plan is to get my entire back done in goddess, from all myths and legends. Already have Isis, want my valkyries first, Freya, Athena, Hathor, Queen Boudicca and more.

Looks cool.
Creature is a ram, I assume.
I would never get a tattoo, but if I did it would be something vaguely metal - metal enough to be cool, but not metal enough so that I'd feel like a dumbass when I get older.

Tattoos can always be removed, thus although they have a connotation of permanence, they are only semi-permanent in that they may be painfully removed. Thus, I would just as soon wear a thor's hammer, as it could still be present except when one was in the shower. Heck, if it was in 24k gold, platinum, or palladium, it would not even corrode with water :lol:

It looks wet. Is that the ones you have to lick to get them to stick?

lol..j/k. I'm not much of a tat fan but it looks nice. I give blood every 45 days and they won't take my blood if I get a tatoo.

I can never come up with a design I like. I've been working on one, but I'm too damn picky.

I hear that man, took me 4 years to finally get my tatt, and the whole time i knew what i wanted, i just never found the right hammer for the design ya know? then BAM!

I wanted to extend it this yer but coz i wanna go to Buchom, i doubt i will.

Oh and by the way Fireseed i have a hammer on my back aswel, with some writing across it ;)

help me out bro. it appears to be thor's hammer, but what's that creature on the top?
It looks like a ram, but isn't it supposed to be Fenrir?
Awesome tat dude.
But to the people who say they couldn't come up with a design, that's basically the same hammer as on an AA poster I got on my wall right now.

It's a ram. And acutally I took the Amon Amarth Hammer as a template, because I like this design of head and knots (plus it's a tribute to the band;)).

It looks wet. Is that the ones you have to lick to get them to stick?

lol..j/k. I'm not much of a tat fan but it looks nice. I give blood every 45 days and they won't take my blood if I get a tatoo.

It was nearly one day old and wet from blood and cream.

In Germany it is no problem to give blood with a tattoo, why is it forbidden in USA?

Pretty sweet! I've been thinking about one, finally starting to come up with an idea I like. I think seeing Paganfest really kicked it off. What I'm thinking so far is a viking sword, point down, with something written in runes over the blade... possibly 'master of war' or 'berzerker'. It feels a little simple though, I dunno... kinda want some scroll work or something in there somewhere.

You know what would be cool, an entire recipe for beer or those viking brews written in runes as a tattoo. Think of the future archeologist who finds your body. You could be the center piece in a museum somewhere in the future.