Team America: World Police

It's supposed to be dumb... It's a mockery of all that is Hollywood... An action packed blockbuster(?) with... Marionettes?

It will only draw South Park fans... It will not disappoint though.

Judging by the numbers that South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut got, they should clean up!

It is rather asinine that the MPAA made them cut scenes out of the film of 2 of the marionettes having sex in order to avoid an NC-17 rating. :loco:

That's because it WAS South Park.

'Baseketball' didn't do too well and didn't score too high on critics' lists. And "That's My Bush!" didn't last too long because people didn't get the mockery of every sitcom formula every devised.

Looks like a funny movie that I will see on DVD, would love to have a T-shirt of it for political purposes though, I love the trailer with all the names of people who will be pissed this movie is getting released. I wonder if the movie will get a world release and how Europeans will react to it?

I was really let down by this movie. The puppet thing got old fast, they rehashed too much shit from South Park, and they were way over their heads with this subject matter. I'm sure I'd be more pissed off and would have latched onto more negatives if the sneak preview wasn't a double feature; at least I got to see Sky Captain for free.

Team America is a renter at best.

Edgecrusher said:
..."That's My Bush!" didn't last too long because people didn't get the mockery of every sitcom formula every devised.

No, "That's My Bush!" didn't last too long because the episodes were too expensive to make. I've read quite a few interviews that go into that.

TB666 said:
This movie was funny as hell.
I was rolling on the floor laughing when they had sex.

Should be interesting to see the unrated version of this movie when it hits video stores. Allegedly, the sex scenes had to be cut in order for the movie to receive an "R" rating from the MPAA, and not the original "NC-17" rating that it was given.

Gene Simmons gave it a thumbs up on his website. :devil: