Tears

Several songs have done this for me at one time or another (and who knows how many more that haven't actually made my eyes water, but made me edge in that direction...) Here are some of the ones I remember for sure:
Iced Earth - Burning Oasis, A Question of Heaven
Ayreon - Day Twenty: Confrontation
Kamelot - Serenade
Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On, A Change of Seasons
Rhapsody - Eternal Glory
And of course, a few by good ol' SX - Candlelight Fantasia, Through the Looking Glass

i seriously cant believe what a bunch of pussies y'all are.. these songs actually make you cry??? im not going off at everyone here, coz well frankly theres a few of those songs i havent heard to know if theyre particularly emotional or not.. but alot of these choices im just thinking 'wtf'?

i seriously cant believe what a bunch of pussies y'all are.. these songs actually make you cry??? im not going off at everyone here, coz well frankly theres a few of those songs i havent heard to know if theyre particularly emotional or not.. but alot of these choices im just thinking 'wtf'?
I don't cry literally, just get a bit sad. (I think the song I listed was Karnataka - The Storm)

roflomglolwut @ at people listing heavy symphony x songs.

i only saw the title of the thread in the corner of my eye and thought it said "tigers". this thread could never compare to a thread about tigers, tigers are the best.

Songs that just make me feel sad are:

DT's 6 Degrees - When you hear the mother and daughter talking... for some reason, it just gets me.

Porcupine Tree's Lazarus

A few moments on PoS's Remedy Lane album for sure, and Vocari Dei from the album Be with the prayers to god. I don't believe in god, but the song still has strong meaning accompanied by sad music.

Oh, and to the person that said Ministry of Lost Souls, the part near the end when they say "goodbyyyyyeee" makes me feel sad.

I love sad music :headbang:

I don't think Disco Queen is :lol: (I do like that record, but none of the songs could possibly make me cry. In fact, even most of the ones I listed wouldn't.) And I'd say none of the ones most of you are listing, especially not Symphony X or Dream Theater. Prog nor Metal are very good at evoking the emotion 'sadness', save rare rare instances.

I'll give a +1 to the pain of salvation mentionings........though we've only minutes before J-dubs comes and tells us all how much we suck because of it. The "oh god if you save them...." part of 'Oblvion Ocean', especially the live version on 12:5 is pretty powerful, as are MANY other spots on that album.

That being said, I'm still not a dick touchin' sissy.....

Probably the only 2 times I have really had that welling up feeling was the first time I listened to V straight through on headphones and got to 'can we change' and the big choir ahh section of that huge theme for the first time. V is so beautifully written, I think I would have still felt that way without the lyrics in place to be opaque about it - the sentiments are conveyed perfectly just through the music. The other time was the first listen through of Divine Wings, largely just because of how epic it was and then so strongly sums up on the very emotionally telling clean classical-esque picking riff.

Oh, and Simon and Garfunkel's 'Cats in the Cradle' (not sure if that is actually the songs title) is lyrically the most powerful stand alone for tear jerkin

Right now I'm listening to "Millenium - No More Miracles". Also, "My Dying Bride - For My Fallen Angel" is pretty sad. No songs have fucked me up really but that last one's pretty depressing.

</emo>