Technical Death Metal

You are rather n00by so no, not yet, but everyone has the capability. You should've seen me 3 years ago...man oh man...horrible.

Get The Scepter Of The Ancients by Psycroptic.

hey dudes, what do ya think about sleep terror? the album probing tranquility is awesome, but there aren't vocals... i coudn't imagine a technical death album without vocals, but they did it... Great!!!

Sleep Terror are overblown crap now, I kinda still had respect for Luke when he wasn't a cock, but now he is just releasing the same album over and over again.

I didn't even bother to hear it due to almost every song appearign on a previous release.

By the way, throwing clean jazz sections into "krazy teck deth!1!!!" does not make a good, focused album or even song. It just makes a stupid sounding mess. Sorry.

i think if ya give a chance to this kind of bands, you'll enjoy... try to listen to 1 music per day for a month

:cool:

if you'll still having the same idea, you can come back here and say:

hey childrengrinder, im sure that i don't like so much this kind of technical death metal

:)

And it also depends on the song, for example, Dreaming In Red would not be as good as it is without the intro bass line, nor would Lethe, or Perpetual Healing, those are crowing examples.
Really though, I couldn't care what the bass does, especially in black metal, as long as it does not infringe on the music. It's nice to hear a good bass line here and there though.

I didn't even bother to hear it due to almost every song appearign on a previous release.

By the way, throwing clean jazz sections into "krazy teck deth!1!!!" does not make a good, focused album or even song. It just makes a stupid sounding mess. Sorry.

I know Steve DiGiorgio and Sean Malone have made it work, but no, most bands would sound like ass if they tried it. Death metal typically does not mix well with jazz, and there are only a handful of notable exceptions.

Only if they are shitty musicians. Meaning they should not even be playing in the first place.

It has nothing to do with their ability to play, and everything to do with the fact that most bassists simply don't have the musical sensibility to play complex material within a band context.

I am not saying death metal can't combine with jazz, lots of bands have actually done it well (Wayd being a great example, as well as Vuvr to a lesser extent, and if we wanna go very underground), but what I am saying is that randomly throwing clean jazz into death metal just sounds stupid and gimmicky.

Falco/whoever you are, I tend to kind of agree, but I wish you'd point out some specific instances in which a bassist steps out of line so it doesn't just seem like you're trolling (you often do bring up good points, but they're often shrouded in overwrought rhetoric, as is usual practice for you guys I'm assumine). Thanks...there must be a reason you guys keep coming back here, heh.

*le sigh* Tom Araya does have a distinctive voice, but the actual vocal "melodies" (and I use that term loosely) are quite similar to the style displayed by Venom before him. He also lost his ability to do that Cinco de Mayo scream after South of Heven, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to imitate it. :lol:

Articulate? That's not much of an achievement for a lyricist. Neil Peart is articulate. All you need to fit that adjective is a thesaurus.

'Big words' don't make a lyricist articulate - using complex language in complex ways to create coherently meaningful poetry is. Slayer remains one of the most lyrically sophisticated bands in metal, and Araya has always been a major player in that.

Wait, let me get this straight.... so it's perfectly alright for Tom Araya (a Mexican) to play a style of music that's normally associated with white people, but you consider Faith No More's art tainted, because they (all white, after the departure of Mosley) use elements from black music (which all rock music does, whether you'd like to admit it or not).

Who said this is about the use of 'black' musical elements? 'Wigger' is an attitude, a deeply underconfident self-loathing that issues forth in an inarticulate, inauthentic and superficial aping of black mannerisms.

Falco/whoever you are, I tend to kind of agree, but I wish you'd point out some specific instances in which a bassist steps out of line so it doesn't just seem like you're trolling (you often do bring up good points, but they're often shrouded in overwrought rhetoric, as is usual practice for you guys I'm assumine). Thanks...there must be a reason you guys keep coming back here, heh.

Classic example: None So Vile. Eric Langlois is all over the neck of his bass, but so what? It serves no musical purpose beyond showcasing chops for the sake of chops, while at the same time decreasing the sense of rhythmic impact that is the band's primary (only?) appeal.