Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Van Halen

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Rage Against The Machine

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Cannibal Corpse

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
I'm sure there is a lovely gif floating around that will explain crabcore very nicely:
Edit:
AttackAttack1244788769269.gif

I said Van Halen after watching that Get Trashed DVD. They mentioned how "Jump", which introduced keyboards, was the one song that destroyed thrash metal :p

I don't understand why NIN is in there.

because it spawned an entire generation of whiny coked up 30 year olds who think people care about their fucked up childhoods and how they're SOOOO EMOTIONAL

(note: i will love NIN for forever and a day, but its the truth :D)

This thread is retarded.

10 bands that helped ruin metal FACT!
-------------------------------------
Green Day (Started pop-punk)

Omgz, n e band hu don't play teh metulz are killingz teh metulz.

Nirvana (made people want to forget how to have talent)

Or they made people realise that you didn't have to wear spandex, spend £100 a week on hairspray and tastelessly shred your tits off in every single song to be in a band.

Linkin Park (Bye bye guitar solos...)
Yes, you're right. Linkin Park single handedly killed off the guitar solo. I haven't heard a cd with a guitar solo on it for years...

Trivium (People started jumping on whatever bandwagon they could after ascendancy. No fault to trivium on this one.)
Yes because no-one had jumped on the metal/thrash/grunge/pop punk/nu metal etc etc bandwagons before Trivium came along.

Metal changes and evolves just like any other genre. Yes solo's went away to some extent for a while, because music became more about the song and less about pure speed and technical ability, personally I feel that we've hit a pretty good balance just now (shitty scene-core bands that can't play their own songs excepted of course)

you douche I was just listing bands that started the current LAME music scenes and im sorry but if Smells Like Teen Spirit is a better song than No More Tears (Ozzy in case you didnt know :lol:) then somethings wrong with your soundcard.

you douche I was just listing bands that started the current LAME music scenes and im sorry but if Smells Like Teen Spirit is a better song than No More Tears (Ozzy in case you didnt know :lol:) then somethings wrong with your soundcard.

Never said that man. Personally I'm not a big Nirvana fan, but you have to look at them in the context of when they appeared to get what they were about.