:lol:

Oh that oughta get the wankers just a cryin

I see what the author was going for though, covering the bases

without reading that article

every single prog band

dimmu borgir

manowar

trivium for making sure that melodic metal of any sort is dead

burzum but only because of the newest album which is basically a confirmation that black metal is dead + buried

pantera (rip our lord and savior Dimebag D. Christ)

opeth/dragonforce/absu + any other nerd favourites

without reading that article

every single prog band

dimmu borgir

manowar

trivium for making sure that melodic metal of any sort is dead

burzum but only because of the newest album which is basically a confirmation that black metal is dead + buried

pantera (rip our lord and savior Dimebag D. Christ)

opeth/dragonforce/absu + any other nerd favourites

:lol:

Go listen to another genre. Black metal is alive and kicking. Prog rock and prog metal did not "ruin metal". Your last 3 (and Manowar) expose you as a troll. I hereby ask that you GTFO.

Not as a significant and interesting artistic tendency.

this. the scene is dead and all thats left are bands that are influenced by black metal without actually caring about what it meant as a genre artistically + historically.

there are exceptions but as a genre its been watered down so much that actively searching for new bands within it is more frustrating than rewarding HOPE THIS HELPS :D:D:D

No band ruined metal for me. If I don't like a band, I simply don't listen to them. Then again, I don't really listen to any modern metal.

Def Lepperd
Van Halen
Alice Cooper
Twisted Sister
Pantera
Scorpions
Whitesnake
Quiet Riot
Motley Crue
Poison
Cinderella
Ratt
David Lee Roth
Nitro

NO WAY THIS IS HERESY.

I'd say Dragonforce and Finntroll, because I don't like them personally and all the Metalocalypse fanboys and fangirls are so fucking infatuated with them