Testament or Megadeth

strik9 said:
Dude, no offence but Testament was considered part of the Big 4 before Slayer released Reign In Blood. Back when Testament was known as Legacy up 'till Chuck joining the band basically. All on the strength of demos and live shows. They'd been working on what became The Legacy for about 4years before it came out I believe. Just a point I wanted to bring up. Oh ya, they were the big four because they were the biggest selling/most popular/influential bands in thrash. Not neccesarily the best. I agree that Anthrax and Slayer are among the best though!

True and not true.

True: the Legacy demo was, at that point in time, the highest selling demo in Metal history.

False: the term 'big four' derives from the bands who got to the major labels first.

Anthrax - Island
Megadeth - Capitol
Metallica - Elektra
Slayer - Def Jam

Drokk said:
The hell with it, I'll get it. Speaking of James Murphy, what's he been up to?

Producing mainly. Go to his forum or the Andy Sneap forum where he posts quite regularly.

In terms of playing he guested on the new Nevermore album and I think he might have done some solos for a band called DAATH whose album he is producing.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
True and not true.

True: the Legacy demo was, at that point in time, the highest selling demo in Metal history.

False: the term 'big four' derives from the bands who got to the major labels first.

Anthrax - Island
Megadeth - Capitol
Metallica - Elektra
Slayer - Def Jam
I've heard both answers for what/why they were the big 4. Didn't alot of fans consider Testament in that group at one point? Anyways, the point I was trying to make, is that Testament/Legacy at one time was among the biggest/most popular bands in thrash, and were in the same league as all those bands at one point. Also, just because they were called the big 4 dosen't mean they were the best, like Luvatacious was implying.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Producing mainly. Go to his forum or the Andy Sneap forum where he posts quite regularly.
Where is James Murphy's forum?

strik9 said:
I've heard both answers for what/why they were the big 4. Didn't alot of fans consider Testament in that group at one point? Anyways, the point I was trying to make, is that Testament/Legacy at one time was among the biggest/most popular bands in thrash, and were in the same league as all those bands at one point. Also, just because they were called the big 4 dosen't mean they were the best, like Luvatacious was implying.

Testament were definitely raking it in back in the day, Practise What You Preach sold something like 300 000! I read an interview with Chuck and he said they blew all their money on Limos and shit back in the day and are now skint.

Sad story really.

speaking of expenses what got me on anthrax docu plus video commentry is how much money they wastewd on shit,that stage set in the late 80's cost them a packet to cart around with them,i guess they learnt the hard way.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Testament were definitely raking it in back in the day, Practise What You Preach sold something like 300 000! I read an interview with Chuck and he said they blew all their money on Limos and shit back in the day and are now skint.

Sad story really.
It is kinda sad, when musicians are on top one day, and then years later they're just getting by. Just goes to show that you have to plan for the future. Easier said than done I'm sure when you're in that position! When you're young and at the top or whatever, I'm sure it's very easy to think that the success is gonna continure. "The last album went platinum so the next ones gotta at least do the same" sorta mentality. Plus that lifestyle of fancy cars, big houses, etc. is addicting. It's like you have success and you want more and more. Then one day you talk to your accountant and they tell you, that you've got to make 1 million dollars that year or whatever just to break even. That's gotta be a reality check!

It is hard to say since both of those bands better songs & albums where there early stuff. Neither has put out anything good in along time, but they both are great in concert.

MetalThrasher442 said:
:devil: TestamenT:devil:

:devil: Megadeth:devil:

I'm goign with Testament. Chuck is a better singer then Dave Mustaine. To me Dave's voice gets annoying. I like my Megadeth in small listens.
testament by far dave should get back on drugs and shut the fuck up every time i ve een mega dave talk s most of the time about how his band should be bigger well if he would play more peolpe would be into him
testamet chuck is the shit way better singer and the band get s kick s ass so eat that dave
:devil: :headbang: