Testament or Megadeth

Kurts_Dead said:
Megadeth.

Testament are 2nd rate thrash. Still have a few good songs but Megadeth are way better.

I agree...Testament was always a Metallica knock off with a better guitarist. Megadeth was always more technical, melodic and interesting. Testament doesn't have one release that can come close to Rust In Peace.

schenkadere said:

The Legacy, The New Order & The Gathering. I'm a big Practice What You Preach fan, but I realize most Testament fans don't love it as I do.

And for the record, my reply was in response to your saying "...release can even come close to RiP..." - you'll notice my post above saying RiP is the best album released by either band, but to simply dismiss Testament is plain dumb.

MadeInNewJersey said:
The Legacy, The New Order & The Gathering. I'm a big Practice What You Preach fan, but I realize most Testament fans don't love it as I do.

And for the record, my reply was in response to your saying "...release can even come close to RiP..." - you'll notice my post above saying RiP is the best album released by either band, but to simply dismiss Testament is plain dumb.

To each his own, dude. I don't get it, but at least I'm not insulting...merely expressing an opinion. I don't see how those compare musically or compositionally, but you're allowed my opinion...I'm not sure why I'm not allowed my "dumb" opinion.

schenkadere said:
To each his own, dude. I don't get it, but at least I'm not insulting...merely expressing an opinion. I don't see how those compare musically or compositionally, but you're allowed my opinion...I'm not sure why I'm not allowed my "dumb" opinion.

oops...I slipped...I meant to write "but you're allowed your opinion". I guess I am dumb...ha!

Well, you know my favorite Testament albums are The Legacy, The New Order, and Souls of Black. My favorite Megadeth albums are Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction. So therefor for me Testament has a bigger catalog.

metalmike_1 said:
testament by far dave should get back on drugs and shut the fuck up every time i ve een mega dave talk s most of the time about how his band should be bigger well if he would play more peolpe would be into him
testamet chuck is the shit way better singer and the band get s kick s ass so eat that dave
:devil: :headbang:
Poor deluded soul......:bah:

metalmike_1 said:
testament by far dave should get back on drugs and shut the fuck up every time i ve een mega dave talk s most of the time about how his band should be bigger well if he would play more peolpe would be into him
testamet chuck is the shit way better singer and the band get s kick s ass so eat that dave

Maybe we should all get back on drugs and not care so much.

:err:

I wuold go with Megadeth, just because I heard them first and I can listen to it often. I have two Testment Cd's (Low, Ritual) and a few songs downloaded, and I rarely listen to them. But, as far as "metalness" of it? Testament. Better musicians, better solo's, more low end. That, and there is no mention of "former bands" by Testament, or whining about said "oveshadow."

IMO Testament is far better because..

1. Better catalog
2. Not only were Testament better live back in the day..but, they're are currently better live..
3. Ok fuck it I'm done

Point is...Testament is better.