Testament or Megadeth

Whiplash..catalog means like more good songs and more better albums. I think you'll agree with me and a lot of the board members when we say that Testament has a better catalog.

LuvataciousSkull said:
And remember:

The Big 4 was the Big 4 for a reason! :D
Who made up this "big 4" concept? Why not "big 5" or "big 6"? 'Cause Testament, and Exodus belong right there... Or Sepultura... So, may be it should even be "big 7"... Or "8" - with Overkill... Or just "The Big One". What band will be "The Big One"?

The "big four" was just an easy way to give props to the first bands to kinda "break through" first and became huge successes for a while. While actual time lines and such probably differ, in the eyes of the record industry, Metallica started/shaped the scene, Slayer made it faster and more aggressive, Megadeth were technicly correct (schooled players) and Anthrax innovated hardcore (NYHC) with thrash consistantly (not to mention rap-metal). It all goes with first album releases that made the charts. These four were considered "first" and the innovators. I personally do not think bands like Testament, Overkill, Flotsam and Jetsom, and Exodus ge the attention they deserve. They helped shape the scene's, and also sold out arena's and clubs for a while too and ALL of their music is still relevant today. This is also just the opinion of the industry. :yuk:

mm well im brand new to testament so im obviously gonna say megadeth being one of favourites ever. But testament sound awesome and their new dvd is really impressive. ut formt he stuff ive heard theyve never created anything close to take no prisoners!!!!!

The Law 9:59 said:
To compare a shitty rip off band like Testament to a band with such genius as Megadeth is absurd.

Haha. Good one champ. That's the first time I've heard someone say that they think Testament is shitty. And I don't think it's that absurd on account of this is five pages.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
The "big four" was just an easy way to give props to the first bands to kinda "break through" first and became huge successes for a while. While actual time lines and such probably differ, in the eyes of the record industry, Metallica started/shaped the scene, Slayer made it faster and more aggressive, Megadeth were technicly correct (schooled players) and Anthrax innovated hardcore (NYHC) with thrash consistantly (not to mention rap-metal). It all goes with first album releases that made the charts. These four were considered "first" and the innovators. I personally do not think bands like Testament, Overkill, Flotsam and Jetsom, and Exodus ge the attention they deserve. They helped shape the scene's, and also sold out arena's and clubs for a while too and ALL of their music is still relevant today. This is also just the opinion of the industry. :yuk:

I'm sorry, did you just say Anthrax innovated hardcore, more specifically, NYHC? LOFL

Don't we all take it too seriously? I mean - such a question like "who's better" related to artists, musicians etc. Who's better Hemingway or Sellinger, Camus or Kafka, Shakespear or Servantes, Picasso or Shagal, Megadeth or Testament? They all incl. latters never wanted to be better than the others. Some of them wished they could sell more samples of their products, but not in terms of competition. For the last 20 something years I've been having good times with all above mentioned groupes and individuals and never complained. As anybody else I too have my preferences (modern music - Anthrax, jazz - Ellington, old music - Mozart, old literature - Shakespear, new literature - Le Carre, non-english literature - Marques, old paintings - Durer, new paintings - a girl I used to date, in between - Renoir). The point is questions like this don't require direct answers. I think the author just wanted us to express our opinions on both bands. Well, my opinion is that BOTH MEGADETH AND TESTAMENT ARE UNBELIEVABLY TALENTED MUSICIANS WITH GREAT SKILLS, NON-CONFORMISTIC ATTITUDE, AND HUGE SETS OF BALLS. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't say the same about Metallica, and I'm really sorry about that, but hey, this is just a my opinion...

"BOTH MEGADETH AND TESTAMENT ARE UNBELIEVABLY TALENTED MUSICIANS WITH GREAT SKILLS, NON-CONFORMISTIC ATTITUDE, AND HUGE SETS OF BALLS. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't say the same about Metallica, and I'm really sorry about that, but hey, this is just a my opinion..."

Yet another opinion. It takes balls to do what Metallica did. Huge ones. However, I WILL quote a Guitar World article I have. It reads "It is plausible that Metallica would not be as popular today had Cliff lived. It is very hard to imagine Cliff agreeing to be produced by the same guy that did Bon Jovi." They have said it since day one, they dont give a fuck about anyone, they write what they want to write when they want to. Sellouts? Probably. But as far as staying true to the MUSICAL roots (not attitude) yes they are really weak in that dept. Testament is more metal too, but that is my opinion. And who cares? Not anyone on this board I am sure!!!

also i have only heard like 3 testement cds and they fuckin rule!! i say megadeth would have a better catalog if they quit after youthanasia

The Law 9:59 said:
To compare a shitty rip off band like Testament to a band with such genius as Megadeth is absurd.
i cant beleive my eyes:OMG: to say that megadeth is genious is like saying dave mustaine is a better singer than james hetfield...megadeth is a great band but to call them genious is un heard of

damned type-o's. Remind me to not let me 3 month on sit on my lap when I type. Anyhow, after we gang up on Dave, we go to a Metallica show sporting Megadeth T shirts and request "The Mechanix" over and over again.:D

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
"BOTH MEGADETH AND TESTAMENT ARE UNBELIEVABLY TALENTED MUSICIANS WITH GREAT SKILLS, NON-CONFORMISTIC ATTITUDE, AND HUGE SETS OF BALLS. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't say the same about Metallica, and I'm really sorry about that, but hey, this is just a my opinion..."

Yet another opinion. It takes balls to do what Metallica did. Huge ones. However, I WILL quote a Guitar World article I have. It reads "It is plausible that Metallica would not be as popular today had Cliff lived. It is very hard to imagine Cliff agreeing to be produced by the same guy that did Bon Jovi." They have said it since day one, they dont give a fuck about anyone, they write what they want to write when they want to. Sellouts? Probably. But as far as staying true to the MUSICAL roots (not attitude) yes they are really weak in that dept. Testament is more metal too, but that is my opinion. And who cares? Not anyone on this board I am sure!!!

People can bash Metallica all they want, but the bottom line is....they released Kill 'Em All and ushered in a new generation. You can't argue that.
They had their first 3 metal masterpieces released before Testament or Megadeth. They led...the others followed. Of course they were influenced by the success of Metallica. I'm not much of a Metallica fan, but how can you bash them? You can hear Metallica all over Testament.

I wouldn't exactly say Metallica was as original as you're painting the picture to be. And Testament sounds NOTHING like Metallica. Megadeth SHOULD, since Mustaine wrote half the 1st 2 albums.

Apparently some metal history lessons are in order.

I should of added Metallica. And true they did start a new "generation" of music by putting out Kill em' All. I just "bash" the Metallica after And Justice for All. If this makes sense...I respect and worship the eightees Metallica but don't give a fuck about new Metallica.

Out of these three..
1. Testament
2. Metallica
3. Megadeth (some 'Deth songs are amazing and some songs Dave sounds like shit on)