• Exodus

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Love em Both!!!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I Hate them!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
baloff's exodus and the legacy album are two of the most powerful albums of all time.
I don't really like the mildness of zetro's exodus, for me it is either thrash the hell out or go completely the other direction. Testamen'ts later work isn't really that good, but it beats exodus except tempo, so... in the words of wicked child

testament but barely

Tough choice....

Each band has, IMO, two absolute classics under their belt:
Bonded by Blood and Pleasures of the Flesh (Chemi-Kill!!!)
The Legacy and Practice What You Preach

And each band has also released some other strong, and some not-so-strong albums.

Tough call....but Testament was less one-dimensional, so that means something. But "Bonded By Blood" is fierce....when I first heard it back in 1986, my jaw dropped. Neither Metallica or Megadeth were this ferocious.

Wow, I still can't decide...

Both bands have some great material, but Testament had a little more charisma and diversity. "Sins of Omission" from PWYP is one of my all-time favorite thrash songs. Testament gets the nod.

Bryant

Exodus is great, but I'd have to give the nod to Testament here. Testament brings back very fond memories for me, of camping with a large group of friends in the mountains of Idaho in the late 80s. We had this rich kid that was hanging with us, and he had a $3,000 stereo in his Trans Am. This stereo was so loud that he used to enter it in competitions and often won. Well, we were all really drunk and he cranked that sucker up just to see if we could get a landslide started on the mountainside above us. Fortunately, we didn't succeed; if we had we all would've been buried under tons of rock and dirt!

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Love em both. It's a shame that exodus couldn't get along with Steve as a
vocalist. I had the real pleasure of seeing them play last spring at the Emerson
Theater with my local metal thrash death heroes Demiricous and the circle pit
was definitely in full effect! Do The Toxic Waltz!

Let's put it this way. Today driving back and forth to the job while headbanging..."Live At The Fillmore", so everybody 'Ove The Wall' 'Into The Pit' 'D.N.R. (do not resucitate)' :D

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
This is a hard descision. Testament or Exodus? It is hard to say, but I have to go with Exodus.

Testament allt he way! Exodus is a beast of a band then and now but Testament rules!
Saw them with Anthrax in 2013 during game seven, the rangers were losing but wed idnt care cause Testament was cramming metal up our asses! :)

I should add that I am slightly biased on this because I have more Exodus stuff than Testament.