Texas Chainsaw Massacre Re-Make

union9

He Who Can Not Be Named
Oct 19, 2002
Australia
www.internettrash.com
Is the re-make worth seeing. It hasn't come out over here in Oz yet, but I saw the trailer the other night, and it didn't look to bad. I'm sure you guys in Yankee land have seen it by now. So. Should I be biting my teeth in anticipation? Or should I needn't worry?

union9 said:
Is the re-make worth seeing. It hasn't come out over here in Oz yet, but I saw the trailer the other night, and it didn't look to bad. I'm sure you guys in Yankee land have seen it by now. So. Should I be biting my teeth in anticipation? Or should I needn't worry?
I though it was fucking great. They put a different spin on the movie, which is good, as I have seen the original countless times...
You should have heard some of the people in the theater! Some even left because of how disturbing some of the scenes were...
It's worth every penny you pay to get in...

Voice of God said:
Somebody should stop people making remakes. When has a remake been better than the original?
In my opinion. PLANET OF THE APES, TIME MACHINE, GHOST SHIP, 13 GHOSTS, HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL, to name a few.

sixxswine said:
I though it was fucking great. They put a different spin on the movie, which is good, as I have seen the original countless times...
You should have heard some of the people in the theater! Some even left because of how disturbing some of the scenes were...
It's worth every penny you pay to get in...
Awsome man. It'll never top the original in the sense of eerieness and feel, but they could up the gore anti considerably. I'm sure it would be worth viewing regardless.

If you compare it the the 4th one,.,..,then it was the shit,.., LeatherFace looked like a bad ass,.,.,good stuff

Yeah, I saw it for the first time last night. It's extremely messed up. It's worth seeing for the gore alone, but they make it into an even darker and more disturbing story than the original. Thumbs way up.

union9 said:
In my opinion. PLANET OF THE APES, TIME MACHINE, GHOST SHIP, 13 GHOSTS, HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL, to name a few.
You really think those remakes were better than the originals?!! Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes especially??!

FangsFirst said:
Carpenter's The Thing
Now that's a worthy remake.

FangsFirst said:
Carpenter's The Thing

Good point. I didn't even know it was a remake, so I can't really say if it's better than the original, but as the original seems to be a 50's b-movie, I trust I won't like it.

union9 said:
PLANET OF THE APES

:confused: The new version was a rape. I guess it's a matter of a taste. Haven't seen the others that you mentioned.

I really enjoyed the new Planet of the Apes.......but it just doesn't approach the feel of the original, which was genuinely despairing and completely unprecedented.

I haven't seen the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but one of my friends says it was good, and that it was actually more disturbing than the original.....which i've always thought was damn fucked-up.

and JC's The Thing.....I don't ever wanna see the original! John Carpenter kicks too much ass.

Well. There seems to be some mixed feeling towards the ...Massacre re-make, but it seems the majority of you praise it. I guess I'll have to see for myself. Although, I am more eager to see it than before. Thanx.