Textures 'Dualism' is streaming now. :)

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
Never listened to this band before but I'm really liking what I'm hearing. Will have to check them out.

Thanks for sharing :headbang:

No problem man, glad you like it! The only song I used to really like from them was their song "Awake" with their former singer (probably because he had a very Devin Townsend feel to his vox):

But they have a new vocalist now, and i know a lot of people were afraid of how the new album would turn out. While I don't know if this appeases older fans, they definitely have a new fan out of this. Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Drums have a very natural sound(kinda roomy), especially the Snare, nice.
Maybe I'm getting into it, Vocs are a little bit strange for me, atm...

Thanks for the heads-up, sir.

the only song I used to really like from them was their song "Awake" with their former singer (probably because he had a very Devin Townsend feel to his vox):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSYNhfkNGco

I still have goosebumps listening to this song. The amount of nuances he put in his vocals is stunning.

But yeah the new material doesn't do anything for me and the new singer is above average but nothing that special.

Initial impression is that I way prefer this to their older stuff. Guitar tones are much smoother and pleasant to listen to, drums sound natural and real (whether they are is another question) and I don't dislike the vocalist.

Saw these guys on the 14th and they said that they had just gotten the album the day before, and had it for sale then. They were awesome live, but The Human Abstract took the cake for me - Their fill-in vocalist was awesome.

No problem man, glad you like it! The only song I used to really like from them was their song "Awake" with their former singer (probably because he had a very Devin Townsend feel to his vox):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSYNhfkNGco

But they have a new vocalist now, and i know a lot of people were afraid of how the new album would turn out. While I don't know if this appeases older fans, they definitely have a new fan out of this. Haha

That part where "Awake" goes into the heavy groove metal bit kinda ruins what is otherwise an amazing song for me :(

I love textures. I think this is a pretty decent release. I listened to it twice and liked it a lot. My only gripe, and it's by no means a deal breaker, is that the clean vocal melody, and some of the phrasing is repetitive across a lot of the songs.

New singer is good but sounds less epic and outstanding than the previous singer, but i like the songs in here, and the chorus for "reaching home" has been stuck in my head for the past few days :)

I must have heard this song dozens of times but I still can't remember the chorus off the top of my head. The whole intro riff (which repeats a couple of times throughout the song) on the other hand was embedded in my brain from the first time I listened to it and I was unable to get it out of my mind for days.

I must have heard this song dozens of times but I still can't remember the chorus of the top of my head. The whole intro riff (which repeats a couple of times throughout the song) on the other hand was embedded in my brain from the first time I listened to it and I was unable to get it out of my mind for days.

héhé

i love the intro riff too (sounds kinda New Wave-ish), and the chorus has a clean guitar layer that is a reminder of that killer intro riff :)

It's good to hear some songs that gets stuck in your head almost instantly, whereas a lot of stuff these days isn't memorable at all, even after 10 listens or so...

EDIT : track #4 has this cool Porcupine Tree-ish vibe in the beginning (after the instrumental intro i mean)

Diggin' this album. The production, overall, seems very natural. Sounds like a band actually played this stuff, as it did with the Ocean's latest albums. I wish more metal bands took this approach. But my only gripe is with the vocal production, not with the vocalist himself. I feel they're a little too raw/dark and could have used the same treatment as in Silhouettes. Otherwise, ace record.