Thank you, Opeth!

tung

madcap bovine silliness
Oct 9, 2008
Midwestern USA
.. for rockin' St. Louis like you did last night!! :kickass:

I've been a fan since way back in September of 2008. :)

I heard a little bit of Blackwater Park and immediately went out and bought about 7 Opeth albums and I love 'em!!

What I love about the music is the fantastic, beautiful, and often dissonant chords, great melodies and vocals, a lot of variation, fantastic rhythms and drumming, and the wife and I are glad we gave up our Death Cab tickets to come out and see you gentlemen (even if we drinkers had to stand in the much-less-crowded Under 21 section)!!!

And Jorge.. very interesting, if disturbing, character, that Jorje!

Thank you again and we shall continue to come out and support you and buy your stuff, because you guys are truly smokin'!!! :Smokin:

"I heard a little bit of Blackwater Park and immediately went out and bought about 7 Opeth albums"

lol

Good luck we're talking about Opeth, imagine if he had heard a little bit of Master of Puppets and went to buy all the metallica albums :zombie:

I pretty much did that. I heard some of BWP and Damnation and bought both immediately. A week later I bought Ghost Reveries and a month later bought the rest.

Good luck we're talking about Opeth, imagine if he had heard a little bit of Master of Puppets and went to buy all the metallica albums :zombie:

He did hear a little bit of Master of Puppets and went out to buy Master of Puppets.

He's since bought a few other Metallica albums, but he clearly prefers a few over the others. He mostly buys used when possible so as not to risk too much money on a blind purchase.

He does like Death Magnetic, but as is evident by his blog, he's not a fan of the sound on that CD so he listens to the downloaded Guitar Hero version, which sounds smokin' in his car. :Smokin: