Thank-You Opeth.

Still_Water said:
No, I feel the band deserves to know this. If you have a problem with this thread then don't post on it. Otherwise respect my thread.

like they don't know it already. you don't think every new member that joins either asks who melinda is or proclaims their love for opeth? say what you want, but you're not exactly blazing new territory, kid.

good call saturnix. i feel like such a faggot just for being a newbie. hopefully the established members know by now im not just another "whos melinda/i love opeth" guy... :err:

@ Still_Water, we all come here because we like Opeth, starting a praise circle about it isn't really needed.

OK, but its nice to be told once in a while that you love somebody/something. To know that you are still on the right track. I say this with respect to everyone.

I thought it was a nice thread,we ARE on the opeth forum, So I thought everyone would put in a few good words about them...but if you want to post replies on how im a newbie for telling opeth how much they mean to me, then that's not very mature. However. i've liked opeth for a year now, and Melinda is Peters Girlfriend, correct me if im wrong.
I consider myself above a newbie. I just thought opeth could all be praised during one thread, not all over the opeth forum...

opeth has been around since the early 90's bud, liking them for a year doesnt make you a long standing fan...

and all im sayin about ur thread is that its cheesy. i bet you anything if mikael looks at it one day he'll laugh. it just seemed like a kind of comment an emo kid would make. sorry to label, i hate doing that, but thats just what came to my mind when i read it.

Funeral Portrait said:
opeth has been around since the early 90's bud, liking them for a year doesnt make you a long standing fan...

and all im sayin about ur thread is that its cheesy. i bet you anything if mikael looks at it one day he'll laugh. it just seemed like a kind of comment an emo kid would make. sorry to label, i hate doing that, but thats just what came to my mind when i read it.

First off a hello to all of yas, I just decided to register for the forum after seeing Metalmaster's thread :headbang: Keep on spreading the good word of metal!

Anyways, I hate to see this sort of "I have been a fan of <insert band here> for longer than you, so I must be a better fan than you", which this just brought into my mind. We all love Opeth, 'cause that's the reason we're posting here. Just take it easy, it doesn't matter how long you've listened to opeth, everyone knows you appreciate em because you post here.

Just my opinion, perhaps a bit confusing.

Metal forever!

Still_Water said:
I thought it was a nice thread,we ARE on the opeth forum, So I thought everyone would put in a few good words about them...but if you want to post replies on how im a newbie for telling opeth how much they mean to me, then that's not very mature. However. i've liked opeth for a year now, and Melinda is Peters Girlfriend, correct me if im wrong.
I consider myself above a newbie. I just thought opeth could all be praised during one thread, not all over the opeth forum...

yes, fine, but you don't think everynew member thinks that same thing? before you know it, every new person who comes in here has started a "praise opeth" thread.

and by the way, the last i heard, the inspiration for melinda came from a uriah heap song. ("come away melinda")

look, kid, i'm not saying i don't empathise with you. but you're not "telling opeth" anything. mikael comes on the forum occasionally, but the chances of him seeing this-- and moreover, having time to respond-- are slim to infinitesimal. you're simply preaching to the choir.

@ Autumnheart, i havent been a fan of opeth for anymore than a year as well, but i dont see that as being a long time fan.

Still_Water said:
Thank-you Opeth for making the world's most beautiful music, with all emotions combined, all your albums will be a part of my life for a lifetime, and hopefully after-life. Your music should'nt be called music, it should be called a "Masterpiece of Human Emotions" displayed in music. Opeth is the most brilliant band on this Earth, in my opinion, and hopefully many others. Never go mainstream, underground is what makes your music a mystery in the world of music. Keep up the great work, and hopefully you'll be producing music for many souls, for many years.
-Thank you opeth,
Justin.

This guys surely jerks off on all of his Opeth cds :rolleyes: