Opeth Makers

The television. Heard Deliverance off Music Choice channels on digital cable. Then I dled it and a bunch of their other songs. Funny that if it weren't for mp3 dling, I probably wouldn't have bought any of their cds.

My best friend introduced me to their music a few years back. I was already into old school metal, i.e. Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc. I only heard bits and pieces (20-30 seconds here and there) of Opeth before and I wasn't quite attracted to it. But then I heard Bleak all the way through. Hooked ever since. And since, I've gotten a few friends, my girlfriend, and even my dad into them.

Mumblefood, ive always wondered what the hell is the origin of our sig
"Originally Posted by MasterPlan
Appparently I'm not seeing the chaotic genius behind this poopfest."

what was that person talking about ahha?

Powertab.. downloaded Advent and all of MAYH (this was after Still Life was released).. When BWP came out i bought it.. fell in love and then bought Morningrise, MAYH and then Still life.. etc

I was Opeth maker to my mates and my (now ex :() gf.. apart from she only liked Damnation and their mellow tracks lol.

I introduced myself to them.
I have introduced a few friends to Opeth, one listens to them occationally.
One didn't like the growls at first so I bought him Damnation for his birthday a few years ago... Then he got Blackwater Park a few months later and told me Damnation sucked compared to the heavy stuff, and now he's a big fan.

My dad liked Opeth so I grew up with it. I used to hate it, when I was like 8 I called it "devil music". At that point, only Orchid was released. By the time MAYH came out, I liked them ok. MAYH isn't my favorite but it got me into them. But Still Life was when i became a die-hard Opeth fan and I've been having masturbatory episodes about Opeth since....(their music...I swear!)

My dad had it blasting in his studio all the time. The atmospheric/acoustic part of "Under The Weeping Moon" used to haunt me....and it still kind of does

i really can't remember. one of my friends made me listen to "Drapery Falls".
i liked all the clean parts instantly, and after the dm vox grew on me, i was hooked. i got my sister, mom, and several other friends into opeth. ;)

NeverIsForever said:
my parents are the type that find ac/dc too heavy...
haha, that's funny. my parents mainly listen to jazz and classical and the furthest they've gone into rock music was the beatles. so I was pretty much suprised when I was playing Opeth and my dad was like "omgwtf this is very good music!". Not that I've made my parents into Opeth fans now, but they totally respect the band :)

i was blasting Meshuggah today in my car, and i was about to get out, so my door was open..my mom just pulled in the driveway too, and came over and closed my door. i got out and she was like that is TERRIBLE. i'm like WHAT? it's awesome. she's like it sounds like the devil (says it about all bands i listen to w/death vox haha). so i was like okay mom. i said...hmm ever hear of a thing called an OPINION? maybe i think your music is shitty.

i listen to satannnnnnnnnn

A local band covered to bid you farewell, liked the song so i bought all the albums

deliverance said:
i was blasting Meshuggah today in my car....
brian, i love you and your stories.
also, i picture you living next to tony soprano.

unrelated: there are two flies in my listening/computing room and they are trying to mate. this is probably not good. right?

dorian gray said:
brian, i love you and your stories.
also, i picture you living next to tony soprano.

unrelated: there are two flies in my listening/computing room and they are trying to mate. this is probably not good. right?

lol nah, if i were you, i'd let the one fly stick it in the other, let em do doggy for a half minute, then slam them with a rolled up newspaper :)

I t was more or less recommended by a user on the ign.com board, in 2003. He hyped them a lot (along with Pain of Salvation) and I was bored one night and by accident I downloaded the song that is my favorite song of all bands . Blackwater Park. Back then, I did not like it, the growls turned me off. I liked the calm section though. However, I did delete it. Then, one day later, I got it again because I couldnt get the part I liked out of my head. Then I deleted it again. Finally, some days later, I thought "why not check out more than song?". I ended up downloading BWP and BTPISIO. I liked the growls all of a sudden and I remember liking BTPISIO more than BWP but thought they were both kind of similar. Maybe because of the song length.. I got basically all Opeth music I could get but it took me months to complete my discography..

i turned noone into a hardcore Opeth fan. My punk brother thinks of them as a band with satanic lyrics because of the growls. My girlfriend likes their mellow stuff but not the growls. They make her laugh..... I gave some songs to a friend of mine who likes them but is too much of a Tool fan to be an Opeth fan. I mean, Tool is his focus of attention and some time has to pass before he truly recognzies Opeth's talent - maybe - I hope.