Opeth Makers

Already explained this in another thread, so i'll just make it short.
A guy I played Action Quake 2 with told me that this band called 'Opeth' had just released their new album Blackwater Park. He sent me Bleak and some other song, probably either the Drapery Falls or the Leper Affinity. The rest is history...

One of my best mates favourite bands is Opeth, although i'm not entirely sure if I'm his 'Opeth maker' as such. Although I probably influenced him a bit into it due to my psychotic fanaticism. I got my ex girlfriend into Still Life and Damnation, and (before i got my driving license) when my mum used to drive me around I played the Damnation CD a lot of the time. She doesn't know the title of the album, though. Heh.

for me it was always some chain...I got 3 guys I knew into opeth I believe...then they introduced them to their friends and/or other people I knew. Only one of my friends wasn't turned off by the growls at first. But he was already into extreme metal and stuff.

i had hear of opeth and had my arms your hearse jsut cause of hype.. i owned it and listne to it once and really didnt care for it.. the user here i forget who he is here.. he eithe rgoest by post i ought or tetelestia got me in to em... he just kept jockign em and i was like i dotn see it.. so one day i listent to some stuff and got hooked.

i randomly ordered blackwater park in some mailorder because i loved the cover. i liked it but wasnt too impressed. i then got still life and was totally hooked...

i made my brother, my sister and some friend of mine opeth fans. and i made quite a lot of ppl like damnation

i saw a cool opeth shirt at hot topic and decided to dl some albums. im looking forward to stealing the new one. i hear it's a black metal concept album.

My good frined Jim was praising about their music on a local labels message board, so I took his word and purchased Blackwater Park (becasue it was talked about a lot at the time) and Orchid (because I had never heard the name before). I was so at awe by these two cd's that I had to check out other albums by Opeth. He's e of the only persons musical taste that I take into consideration when checking out a band/buying a cd.

Oh, and I haven't lent an opeth cd to anyone who didn't like it. That rocks.

Longinus will you stop smugly asserting that you know something everyone else doesn't and prove that Akerfeldt played bass on MR and Orchid?

Because he didn't

dorian gray said:
i saw a cool opeth shirt at hot topic and decided to dl some albums. im looking forward to stealing the new one. i hear it's a black metal concept album.

aww man, that's just wrong what you just said...

lol

It was a chain of events.. first message board I went to on the internet was a Jerry Cantrell forum. Lots of people there were raving about APC so I checked them out and liked what I heard. I then joined an APC forum and people were talking a lot about Opeth's Damnation so I went to Amazon and listened to some samples. That's all I had to hear.... I went out and bought the album and thought it was the best thing I've heard in many years. Shortly after, I bought Lamentations and Still Life and that is was got me (slowly but surely) acqainted/accustomed to the death vocals. After that I bought the rest of their catalog and I love it all.

foulwing said:
and i was like i dotn see it..

hahaha, 'dotn' = demon of the my pals

NeverIsForever said:
My imaginary friend got me into Opeth.

lol that was funny...actually no, no it wasn't at all :erk:

i wish i could see the look on some opeth non-metal newcomers faces who had only heard damnation, and then without reading any reviews/info about previous albums, went out and one, such as MAYH hahaha. SURPRIIIIIIIISE.

coincidentally, i bought a guitar world magazine from like ages ago with mudvayne (i think) on the cover. I didn't know of opeth at the time and was into dream theater and the rest of the wank brigade. so when i saw the two page article about opeth, i skipped past it. I didn't even look at it. So one day, five or six months later, im a fan of Opeth and i gotta take a shit real bad. I took that old guitar mag into the bathroom to look over it because i knew i was gunna have some free time. LOL opeth are in here!