Opeth Makers

I was introduced to Opeth in 98, with a CD from a french mag, which was a special edition about... Black Metal :D
So on this CD, next to Mayhem, Marduk, Emperor, etc. I found April Ethereal. I was REALLY amazed by this song (which is still my fav song ever).
My brother bought My Arms, Your Hearse a couple of days after, I listened to it about.. 1 time, and I didn't like it, found it boring, and returned back to my Marduk records... ( :confused: )

So I gave up this band, since after BWP came out. I saw many very good coments about BWP & Still Life, I thought then "maybe they've become better", then I download some songs like The Moor, Bleak, etc. I immediately loved The Moor, and bought Still Life right after, I had to listen to it many times before I really love it. Since then, I got addicted (And My Arms, Your Hearse is my favorite album ever :D )

I introduced many friends to Opeth, and I still do :)

back in 1995 in strolled through a cd shop here in germany, one of those whe you can listen to an album before you decide to buy or not, and saw that nice picture of a flower on the cover of a cd by a band called Opeth. i looked at the song titles and they seemed interesting. after listening to that album my Opeth journey began...just to add, i discovered Morningrise few months later in the same said store...

a clip - a guy who played the intro(only) of Master's apprentice
and i think thats cool
after that i was deep into metal......

on99 said:
a clip - a guy who played the intro(only) of Master's apprentice
and i think thats cool
after that i was deep into metal......

I know a guy who did the intro of Master's Apprentice like that. What was the name of the guy who did the clip? It would be interesting if it's the guy I know. (His name's Brendan, by the way.)

i introduced a jazz fan succesfully by playing for absent friends loud and he said it was lovely and calming and then masters apprentice banged in and he was hooked. masters apprentice seems to do well at this!

thats a novel way of putting it! another good intro is demon of the fall, can't think of anything witty for that yet though. :-s

how about...nah cant

lol yeah, i have on efor the drapery falls:

as the drapery falls the veil is raised (the metaphorical musical veil that is!)

burton said:
I know a guy who did the intro of Master's Apprentice like that. What was the name of the guy who did the clip? It would be interesting if it's the guy I know. (His name's Brendan, by the way.)

i don't know. what i can remember is that les paul custom(deep blue).

Limewire's catagory searching. Musically bored one day, I used Limewire to gather a bunch of diff. metal for listening later. I happened to get Blackwater Park, which just about blew the top of my head off. After that, I checked Amazon's reviews and bought three Opeth albums. I treasure them all now, I keep six (I only have six cd changer) loaded in my car at all times...

Forest of Åsatrú has been my best friend since preschool, he got me into opeth a while ago, but i've liked music since i was small, safe to say i love music.

only person i have made..my woman friend, who happens to run my life. hah