Introducing opeth to a jazz/classical influenced musician

Face of Melinda, hands down. But to introduce death metal to a jazz teacher, epecially if they are older just sounds like a bad idea. Explain exactly what Opeth is first to test the waters.

Opeth do not take influence from, or play similair, to classically composed music. They specifically play music similair to Slipknot, and play simple riffs (because nothing on a electric guitar can be complex) to inspire angsty teenagers.

Some people from another thread magically convinced me of this.

opeth is complex compared to many other rock bands, but compared to classical music it is very, very simple

opeth is complex compared to many other rock bands, but compared to classical music it is very, very simple

Well, it depends. "Classical" is an extremely broad word when it comes to music. And classical music is not necessarily complex by any means. In fact, some compositions are pretty simple.

===

Righto, it looks like I should have thought twice before posting something about a subject I know little about in such a factual manner.

I guess I meant to say that the solo in "Benighted" is atonal in many parts, much like in the few free-jazz and jazz-fusion songs/jams I have heard.

===

===

Righto, it looks like I should have thought twice before posting something about a subject I know little about in such a factual manner.

I guess I meant to say that the solo in "Benighted" is atonal in many parts, much like in the few free-jazz and jazz-fusion songs/jams I have heard.

===
If that solo is atonal then Sweet Child of Mine is grindcore.
It's just a regular solo. Not even any weird scales in it.

===

===

1) why the fuck do you write with those ===?
2)You're right, "it looks like you should have thought twice before posting something about a subject I know little about in such a factual manner. "
3) atonal??? whaaaaat? chromatics (2 or 3 in that solo) aren't atonal, god!

Why are people so concerned about whether others like/appreciate the same music as them? There have been a few of these threads now, just accept that some people are always going to think Opeth is 'shit!' If they are ever going to fully appreciate them, they would need to hear a song which is 'typically' Opeth, death metal parts and all otherwise they are only getting a very skewed and distorted view of what the band is actually like.

maybe a better thing to focus on would be introducing jazz and classical music to opeth fans. if you're gonna make absurd proclamations that face of melinda is "jazzy" and benighted is "atonal," learn what those words mean first. it's literally as stupid as saying that prologue is "classical-influenced" because there's a piano

this post basically slams itself