Jazz me, baby (blatant thread-title plagiarism)

to yourdeadgroom
"Paco De Lucia and John McLaughlin is one of the best guitar albums ever"

:yow:You meen the Guitar Trio albums with Al DiMeola? Yeah they totally shred i have the "Friday Night in SanFrancisco" on DVD...wow they are monsters it´s like 3 of the greatest guitarists in the world jam together...and their presence it´s just so inspiring....i also dig their solo stuff to....but Passion Grace&Fire is still their best work to date....

I am very far from even being an average jazz digger as far as expertise on the subject goes - I hope to change that - but here are some I really love, even if they are even remotely jazz-y.

Billie Holiday - the more depressed material is full of emotion and her voice is one of the best ever.

Angelo Badalamenti - I do not know that much of his works, but what he has composed for David Lynch, the score to Twin Peaks being in the forefront, is amazing. Delicate, subtle and dark.

Barry Adamson - crossing over quite a few styles and blending some very, very dark humour in with the music. Very jazzy at times - I find the hazy club feeling he has at times very appealing.

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Jazz/rock fusion with great improvisations. An exhausting listening experience.

The 3rd and the Mortal - quite remotely jazz as far as their history is concerned, but "In this room" is both experimental and very jazzy at times.

Originally posted by Hannu Mutanen
Angelo Badalamenti - I do not know that much of his works, but what he has composed for David Lynch, the score to Twin Peaks being in the forefront, is amazing. Delicate, subtle and dark.

Not really jazz, but excellent music in its own right !

D

well the soundtrack for the Twin Peaks "The Fire Walks With Her" is very jazzy it is just like the movie and the tv-version a mastepiece....i really love Angelo Badalamenti´s work....he has also composed the score for the new Lynch movie Mullholland Drive...