jazz for metalheads (an offshoot of the classical thread)

There are a couple of local groups here called The River Gods and The Hypnoia Project who play aggressive jazz, and they really appeal to me despite my metal adherence.

Good post man. As for Jazz musicians, I like: John Coltrane, Allan Holdsworth (fucking love his music) Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, Tony Macalpine, Friendly Bears (crap name, awesome expiremental jazz-rock), McGILL MANRING STEVEN, etc.

As for Jazz-metal: Cynic, Behold...the Arctopus, Spiral Architect, Atheist, Pestilence, Gordian Knot, Watchtower, etc.

jensjoh2.jpg

This is one of the best albums I've ever heard. It's just awesome fusion. So many catchy hooks and grooves. Allan Holdsworth is just so awesome... so fast with melodic phrasing, and Jens actually keeps up with him on the keys, as well as plays the bass synth. And of course Anders is crazy on the drums. I've heard Allan Holdsworth's album Metal Fatigue, which is supposedly one of or maybe his most essential album, but I like this WAY more.

Krakatau said:
jensjoh2.jpg

This is one of the best albums I've ever heard. It's just awesome fusion. So many catchy hooks and grooves. Allan Holdsworth is just so awesome... so fast with melodic phrasing, and Jens actually keeps up with him on the keys, as well as plays the bass synth. And of course Anders is crazy on the drums. I've heard Allan Holdsworth's album Metal Fatigue, which is supposedly one of or maybe his most essential album, but I like this WAY more.

Great album. \m/ I only wish it were still in print and easy to find.

ResistExistence said:
Great album. \m/ I only wish it were still in print and easy to find.

You can order it from cdbaby.com or towerrecords.com for like $16.