That's why I play the guitar...

nataservant said:
IN THE BOOK OF HEAVY METAL!!

Good song by Dream Evil but total cheese for lyrics.
Pretty much agreed. My only complaint about any of Dream Evil since their first disc has been lyrical cheese. The thing that frustates me is that they can write a seriously infectious metal groove, so I keep coming back. I have to give the nod to the debut as my favorite overall, but between the title track and "Man or Mouse" from THE BOOK, these are probably two of the most spine-tingling rhythm riffs since I first heard (*FIRST* heard, mind you) Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls," or Vicious Rumors' "Lady Took a Chance." I think a good number of metal fans aren't as concerned with vocals or lyrics as others (like me), and the opinion among them seems to be that DE are awesome. I think they need to stop trying to be funny or cute with the lyrics and pen some verse that's worthy of the riffage.. I can't even listen to the title track from the second album..

who here has heard, straping young lad-far beyond metal "this song is ahommage to metal, and the cheezy voices that come with anouncing it" -devin townsend

"the purpose of this excersize is to excentuate the cheezier parts" -devin townsend

Not me, but I gotta check out some Dream Evil. Something about the way you guys (even Jean-Pierre) explain it makes it sound fuckin rad.

Mr.Toby said:
Not me, but I gotta check out some Dream Evil. Something about the way you guys (even Jean-Pierre) explain it makes it sound fuckin rad.
I was possessed (upon listening again this afternoon) to seek out this thread for an update. Since I mistook the thread for being in the Old School forum, I posted there, so to avoid duplicate posts, I'll point you there for a few thoughts: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170351

GusG's crunch (guitar texture) just evokes the most visceral response in my head.