The Abnormal Psychology Thread

A lot of these I could agree with.

But to add I really hate when people touch me with really cold or wet hands. there's nothing more shitty than going in for a hug or handshake and the persons hands are ridiculously cold or wet.

A lot of these I could agree with.

But to add I really hate when people touch me with really cold or wet hands. there's nothing more shitty than going in for a hug or handshake and the persons hands are ridiculously cold or wet.

Flip side to this, I really hate having cold or wet hands and then having to shake someones hands.

I don't get the hug in relation to cold or wet hands, unless your hugging someone shirtless.

I'm over it now, but I used to wash my hands so thoroughly and obsessively that they'd be red and bleeding every winter (dry season). When I started going to college I realized that all the open sores probably put me at more of a germ risk than skipping the occasional soap-down.

I'll lock doors and I'll walk like 50 feet and I'll have to go back and check if I locked them. That's more OCD than anything.

I also do this. When I was a kid our house got burgled and I was the first one home. I discovered that the thief had got into the house through a window that I'd left slightly open. I have huge paranoia about being burgled. I leave lights and the radio on and double check every door before I go out.

Have you read some of the responses here? Checking your zipper several times, the obsessive hand washing. Do you have OCD or those tendencies?

No but I'm working to help people with for example OCD. Checking your zipper is a bad habit, constantly washing your hands can be OCD but it depends on what the people think will happen if he/she doesn't do it. Having trouble with eye contact can also be OCD and Autism but then you have problem with everyone, your partner, your parents, your best friend(s) and so on. If not, then it's simply shyness.

Maybe this thread title should be changed to "The Mental Disorder" thread :) . I'm not trying to be a baby but I REALLY don't like the term Autism being used as a slang. It hits a little too close to home.

Flip side to this, I really hate having cold or wet hands and then having to shake someones hands.

I don't get the hug in relation to cold or wet hands, unless your hugging someone shirtless.

Normally in hugs people's hands touch your back or shoulders. At least for me. And a shot of coldness or a wet print is uncomfortable.

I don't mind clamy hands actually it's just when they're really wet is when it's uncomfortable.

Edit: yeah this should be the weird habits thread. Most of this isn't autism or even ocd. I think most people have weird things that bother them, which is normal. Autism goes beyond having a weird thing that bothers you and so does ocd.

If I have a plate of food that includes a salad, I always eat the salad before I move on to the "meat and potatoes" so to speak.

If I have a plate of food that includes a salad, I always eat the salad before I move on to the "meat and potatoes" so to speak.

If I had a salad with steak and potatoes I would eat a bite of salad, then take a bite of steak, then take a bite of potatoes.

The reason I do it is because when you eat just the salad or just the steak it looses it's flavor after a few bites. So by taking a bite of salad, then steak, then potatoes, by the time I get back to the salad my palate is cleansed, it's that way for each bite.

I started doing that a few years ago, I like it. Although I don't do it so much when I'm on a date or some formal occasion as I think it looks a little OCDish.

Basically everyone in Asia then

I haven't been to Japan, but I hear that there it's considered to be ultra-good good manners to eat noodles as noisily as possible to show your supreme enjoyment of them... either I - or more likely someone else - would die a most unholy death if I were ever to venture to that apparently God-forsaken abomination of a place...