NAD needs a hate thread.

ohhh, sick. the one at berklee is only a weekend i think though....thats what it was last year. they have a bunch of different weekend things throughout the five week that people come to. String fling, engineering, etc

Nice. How's the History department there? My plan is to get a 4-year in Germanic History and then continue on afterwards in Folklore!

at fullsail? there is none. its only for Game Design, Computer Animation, Film, Recording Arts, adn Digital Media. And you can only pick one.

For game design you get your BA in 2 years, to give you an idea of the pace they pump shit into you.

ohhhhh, haha, i thought you where asking how the history deparment was at my school, woopsies.

And yep im pretty sure theres a school that is baddass for anythign around here.

Got a lot of big guns, Tufts, Harvard, BU, BC, North Eastern...but yea im not down with those clowns, but im sure they rock hard at history at most.

EDIT: I DOO know they rock hard at drinking lots of alchoholic beverages and having hot betties.

lizard said:
Tully you forgot MIT!!!!

and right up the road my alma mater, UNH woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
used to cruise down to boston to seek out cool and wierd imported beers.

haha woopsies, yea MIT, shes a dooosy alright =)

People who smoke weed (like, actually smoke it, not people trying to defend their 'half a joint every fortnight') are tossers though. I know I can trust a drinker to pay me back a fiver I lend him, a stoner would just steal it and use it to buy more pot. Two-faced lying lazy bastards :loco:
While I'm at it, doesn't anyone else get annoyed with those pretentious skater stroner gromits who think they're so open-minded and knowledgable about every aspect of the world because they smoke weed and listen to drum'n'bass? Point out where the flaws in their arguments are and they fly into tantrums - "broaden your horizons!" "respect other peoples' opinions!". Bullshitters.

Ayeka was a GOAT poster that never gets acknowledged around here.

P.S Bump :dopey:

1) Bruce Dickinson is fucking tone deaf. I have yet to hear him hit one of those wails on key, right now I'm listening to the Chemical Wedding and for 1:38 he was perfectly on key! Then a wail hit, sounding e'er like that chorus pedal stuck on Ill. Oh well.

10) Fight > Judas Priest
wow

Reactions: NAD
His comments pertaining to black metal pretentiousness and heavy methull being holly jolly horse shit is off the mark. Sorry, I dont listen to music to laugh at it and be a merry little faggoth. I listen to it for one of two reasons.

A)Get my blood boiling so I can regain my pulse. I want my soul overturned from the rock it's sleeping under. Best way to feel rejuvenated and rekindle the vigor of youth is through hellacious tunes. Not crap done in a half hearted hardy har har way like Slough Fag.

B) Mellow out and chill after a long ass day. Preferably with a mug in hand. Once again, hardy har har horse shit need not apply. If I wanted comedy, Id watch George Carlin.

Even most people in this forum won't be supporting and listening to metal when they're hitting mid 30's (or after 20 years).

Hi

Oh yeah, I'm 32 now too, and I've been a metalhead for a long fucking time. Though I do listen to all different sorts of music, from rap to jamband-type stuff, to modern indie rock to the classics. All the better to be able to insult you and why your band sucks. :D

Damn. Gugs is 48 now.

I wonder if I should tear apart my own dumb opinions from 16 years ago, and then 16 years from now I can tear apart today's opinions? It's like an egocentric form of self-loathing.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
His comments pertaining to black metal pretentiousness and heavy methull being holly jolly horse shit is off the mark. Sorry, I dont listen to music to laugh at it and be a merry little faggoth. I listen to it for one of two reasons.

A)Get my blood boiling so I can regain my pulse. I want my soul overturned from the rock it's sleeping under. Best way to feel rejuvenated and rekindle the vigor of youth is through hellacious tunes. Not crap done in a half hearted hardy har har way like Slough Fag.

B) Mellow out and chill after a long ass day. Preferably with a mug in hand. Once again, hardy har har horse shit need not apply. If I wanted comedy, Id watch George Carlin.

Hi

Maybe it's me but I think you are totally missing the point.

FUTURE NAD NOW SPEAKS TO PAST NAD
1) Bruce Dickinson is fucking tone deaf. I have yet to hear him hit one of those wails on key, right now I'm listening to the Chemical Wedding and for 1:38 he was perfectly on key! Then a wail hit, sounding e'er like that chorus pedal stuck on Ill. Oh well.
Iron Maiden are now your favoUrite band and you like The Chemical Wedding even more. Bet you didn't see that one coming, chump!

2) Black metal is the most pretentious music form since modern jazz, if not more so. Oooh look at us, so mysterious and serious. It's like a fucking comic book, with mostly shitty music and zero sense of humoUr, finally hitting it's peak of ridiculousness with this interview. Even the stuff I like is so hackneyed I have to be in a certain mood to enjoy it.
I'd still say that's true, but why is that a problem? Clearly you were just jealous that you have never taken your own music to such a serious level. Also, fun fact from 2021: when you aren't listening to Maiden and Priest, you are probably listening to black metal.

3) Prog metal is not fucking progressive, just shut up with the misnomer. "Look ats us, we are Judas Priest clones but with 2 minutes of a stiffer-than-stiff jazz break in the middle, we are TEH PROGRESSUV!!!11lolz" No.
You were in a "prog metal" band for 5 years and fucking loved it. There was nothing progressive, you just played long songs. YOU LOVED IT.

4) Modern Dimmu Borgir, Soilwork, In Flames, et. al. are metal. Stop saying they are not metal because they don't fit into your little specific rules about what is and what is not metal. They may blow some serious chunks nowadays (and they certainly do), but they are metal. What the fuck else could they be?
True. I guess.

5) Weed is much safer than alcohol. Fact. Reefer Madness was in the 1930's for fuck's sake, get over it.
WHO. FUCKING. CARES.

6) Traditional metal is cheesy as fuck and if you don't laugh constantly at it, you are a tool. This is why Slough Feg are so awesome, they know how goofy it is. Bands that don't fucking blow.
Slough Feg was your gateway drug. Thank them, don't slag their forefathers.

7) Bands are free to choose to do what they do with their own music. Metallica hasn't played thrash for many years, so what? Maybe after 294358729359 hours of playing it every night they got tired of it.
I stand behind this completely.

8) Wearing leather everyday, having long hair, and living in your parent's basement does not make you metal. You can be a shorthaired khaki wearing corporate sellout homo and still be metal as fuck. Long story short: metal is the music, that's it. This isn't some stupid fashion show.
Dude. This is YOU these days:

The Power Metaller.jpeg

You wear skull bracelets and a TOLKIEN RING every day of the week. Gaylord.

9) Berating a band you've never heard makes you a complete and total fucktard.
Agreed.

10) Fight > Judas Priest
'70s Priest >>>>>>>> EVERYTHING

11) Markgugs is a bumlicker.
And kind of an asshole.

12) The 1990's was a great decade for metal, regardless of how much crap was around because there was just as much crap in the 1980's as well.
Truth.

13) OJ did it.
He sure as fuck did.

14) Being gay is A-OK.
It sure as fuck is.

15) Fender > the rest
FUCK FENDER.

16) All religious beliefs are equally as gay as the next, don't treat any as fact and you'll be just fine.
All beliefs are terrible, including your own. See above.