NAD needs a hate thread.

Erik said:
Computer persons tend to have awful taste in music, and I'd bet I've been around more geeks and nerds in my life than a whole lot of you

i go to video game design college.

lurch70 said:
it's if you are in your mid 20's and still stuck with that mentality ... that you need to check yourself before you wreck yoself :D

either that or you feel comfortable in the clothing and dont' give a god damn fuck what people think about you.

lurch70 said:
you have to realize that wearing "the uniform" is actually a teenager thing more than anything else.
it's the pressure to "fit in" ... any one goes through it ... metalhead or not

None of my friends wear the 'uniform' though :loco:

And the point was...you'll see a lot of denims & leather at a big show because it's a large congregation of Metalheads, doy. They'll probably be out wearing the same stuff as they all go about their seperate lives, far away from each other...nothing to do with 'trying to fit in' at a show, methinks.

ZERO of my friends "wear the uniform" nore are there ANY Thrashers near me AT ALL. Yet i still feel comfortable in the clothing...

It seems like the people that start to dress normal are the real ones feeling the pressure to fit in...hmmmm?

For Pete's sake, please write what you have to say in ONE post instead of creating three posts in a row consisting of one sentence each. Also, the only ones who are trying to FIT IN are the ones who wear clothes they don't like/wouldn't normally want to wear in order to come off as someone they don't really are - be it persons who dress up as metalheads or metalheads who dress up as "normal" people.

I never saw Celeste, but we always had Totino's. $.99 for a fairly large pizza. mac n cheese, peanuts, hot pockets........of course that was when my metabolism was super fast and could get rid of that shit without me gaining weight. Nowadays.... :(

TOTINO'S!!! Or Jeno's as they used to be called. That was some good terrible shit!

Natty Ice was high school beer, by the time I got to college I was a beer snob.