NAD needs a hate thread.

Ayeka said:
I don't know of any Metalheads who wear denim & leather & studz & spikez while they're asleep or in the shower...
If you don't, then I'd say it's safe to say that nobody does. :D

EDIT: Wow, "I'd say it's safe to say," that's awesome!

Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst
Did you check us out down at the local show
Were you wearing denim, wearing leather
Did you run down to the front
Did you queue for your ticket through the ice and snow

Denim and Leather
Brought us all together
It was you that set the spirit free
Denim and Leather
Brought us all together

Did you read the music paper from the back and to the front
Did you find out where to see your favorite band
Did you listen to the radio every Friday night
Did hang around your local record store

Denim and Leather
Brought us all together
Denim and Leather
Brought us all together

Do you dream of playing guitar or smashing up the drums
Maybe you can learn to play the bass
You can always be a singer like me and front the band
When on the stage we wait at your command

Denim and Leather
Brought us all together
Denim and Leather
Brought us all together

It was you - that set the spirit free
It was you - that put us here today
It was you - that filled the concert halls
It was you - that set the spirit free

Denim and Leather
Brought us all together
Denim and Leather
Brought us all together

[Repeat to end]

Erik said:
My only jackets are my leather jacket with plenty o' buttons and my denim jacket with plenty o' patches, and my army boots are my only shoes, 90% of my T-shirts are metal shirts and the rest are one-coloured black, etc... I couldn't look like a wimp even if I tried

I was the same until I cut my hair to get a job. I had my sister cut it, and at the time, my girlfriend watched and wept. 1993 was a horrible time for metal, it was an economic recession, and I was still living at home with my parents. I needed to get a job badly.

I do not look metal, but man, my heart is metal through and through. That's more to be said about most people my age who once listened to metal and then just walked away forever. Fucking poseurs. But this is natural I guess - even most people in this forum won't be supporting and listening to metal when they're hitting mid 30's (or after 20 years).

Oh and also, a big fuck yes to Megadeth. :kickass:

Where were you when it happened?
Where could you be found?
Were you at the front of the stage?
Or in the underground?

From SF out to Old Bridge
New York back to LA
The world of metal changed forever
Back in the day

Well that was back in the day
And if you weren't there
It doesn't matter anyway
Because you wouldn't understand

Live to die and die to play
Every day and place
Leave a path of metal
Across the world from stage to stage

Well that was back in the day
And if you weren't there
It doesn't matter anyway
Because you wouldn't understand
[Solo - Poland]

In denim and leather
We were all part of one force
Knocked rock and roll on its ass
And put metal on the course

This is our way of life
A life that was born free
To follow orders how to live
Was never meant to be
Oh, oh-oh, oh, oh-oh

Peals of thunder, sheets of lightening
The power hits the stage
The music was exciting
The mania raged

We all had the fever
Our ears started to ring
Feeding the wildfire
Consuming everything

Metals king back then
Still to this day
Others imitate or challenge
But it never goes away

That is all.

JayKeeley said:
But this is natural I guess - even most people in this forum won't be supporting and listening to metal when they're hitting mid 30's (or after 20 years).

Do you really think so? I honestly can't imagine listening to anything else.

Oh well, we'll see in 7 years. I'll be 34, and would have been listening to metal for 20 years by then.

JayKeeley said:
I was the same until I cut my hair to get a job. I had my sister cut it, and at the time, my girlfriend watched and wept. 1993 was a horrible time for metal, it was an economic recession, and I was still living at home with my parents. I needed to get a job badly.

I do not look metal, but man, my heart is metal through and through. That's more to be said about most people my age who once listened to metal and then just walked away forever. Fucking poseurs. But this is natural I guess - even most people in this forum won't be supporting and listening to metal when they're hitting mid 30's (or after 20 years).
It's sad that you should have to cut your hair to get a job (and I know this is the case, well at least in America and at least with the kind of job you have -- I THINK but am not sure that Sweden is slightly more tolerant) but I'm not getting that sort of job if I can at all avoid it. Not because of the hair thing mainly, of course, but I'm not cutting my hair regardless

And yeah, you're HEAVY FUCKEN METAL :kickass:

J. said:
Do you really think so? I honestly can't imagine listening to anything else.

Oh well, we'll see in 7 years. I'll be 34, and would have been listening to metal for 20 years by then.

Well I'm basing it on the fact that there were about 50 times more metal fans in 1988 as there are in 2005 (based on mainstream activities such as world tours, venues, record sales, etc).

That means about 80% of those people dropped out of the scene altogether. I'm making an assumption that this is cyclical. I don't see any evidence that the fans of today are any more "die hard" than the fans from the 70's -> 80's.

I work for a software company and the only ones with long hair are the programmers and developers that hermit away in their caves and play with their toys.

The friend that introduced me to death metal with Napalm Death way back when ('91 or '92 I think) told me I'd outgrow it within a year or two like he did. Never happened, and I don't think it ever will.

To anyone who thinks I'm growing out of metal or whatever, I don't listen to it any less than I have for over 10 years now. The only real difference in my tastes over the past few years is I enjoy groups like Radiohead now.

well I'm in my 30s and I still listen to metal, albeit a tamer brand than most of you...but my tastes have either always included or now expanded to include some Krautrock, postmetal, blues and blues rock.

and my hair is the longest its ever been in my life, not because I'm trying to make some lame metal statement, but because I really can't be bothered to get it cut.

J. said:
I work for a software company and the only ones with long hair are the programmers and developers that hermit away in their caves and play with their toys.

I bet they listen to "prog metal". I'm not kidding but if we're stereotyping, I find that most computer programmers with long hair don't listen to Obituary or Slayer, but instead Dream Theater and Spocks Beard.

It's 'geek metal' after all.

well i'm 29, and have been interested in hard rock/metal since i first saw the video for Metal Health way back in the early 80's and i can't forsee myself ever abandoning metal. so for me it's been around 20 years already. damn where did the time go...

Computer persons tend to have awful taste in music, and I'd bet I've been around more geeks and nerds in my life than a whole lot of you

yeah, I don't get much exposure to the techie guys. I'm way up on the 18th floor in my corner window office :D that I share :( , but it's still awesome.

But man, it's easy to spot those guys. They are horrible dressers. Usually like green shorts with socks pulled all the way up to the knees. They just scream "VIRGIN!"

I used to be such a computer geek, then I realized that I WANNA ROCK!

I still know my way around computers and programming more than most which is most positive.