The I hate NAD thread

MadeInNewJersey said:
you have to look at the source for those "results." anything can be spin-doctored to fit the desired message for said auto manufacturer

i.e. a Honda is not more safe than a Volvo
Check out the crash test results from www.iihs.org. I don't see how you can argue against that. They crash 'em, they record the results, end of story. They don't use special dummies for Hondas and broken ones for Volvo. There are no Volvos on their 2006 list of safest cars. A Civic is THE safest small car you can buy in America.

dorian gray said:
Check out the crash test results from www.iihs.org. I don't see how you can argue against that. They crash 'em, they record the results, end of story. They don't use special dummies for Hondas and broken ones for Volvo. There are no Volvos on their 2006 list of safest cars. A Civic is THE safest small car you can buy in America.

That's pretty good info, I did not know that.

P.S. Rangers > Predators

:lol: nice P.S
What big off-season moves did the Rangers make?
The Predators picked up some serious size but meh, I don't see why they'll do any better than last year. Not that they sucked, being 6th in the league and all, but I don't see em getting past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Rangers acquired Brendan Shanahan to complete their 2nd line, giving them 2 scoring lines finally. Also nabbed Matt Cullen (C) and Adam Ward (D) from the Hurricanes, both great acquisitions in terms of offense, special teams, and grit. And then grabbed Adam Hall from your very own Predators. He's already becoming a favorite. Thanks!

MadeInNewJersey said:
Rangers acquired Brendan Shanahan to complete their 2nd line
Oh yeah! I heard that! I couldn't picture him in anything but a Red Wings sweater so I blocked it out of my mind and forgot about it. I hate Brendan Shannahan more than any player ever.
Sad that I don't even know where the Preds players went. haha
Adam Hall sucks though dude. You'll hate him in due time. When I'd get to the game and find out he wasn't a healthy scratch, I'd be like, "Fuck! There's at least a couple turnovers right there."

Ha ha, we'll see. He fits perfectly into the Rangers makeup. Good size, will play the checking line (3rd), hit people, and get a lot of PK time as well I'd imagine. Plus, from what I've seen, he has a real nice shot from the point and might captain the 2nd PP squad.

I'm so excited for next Thursday!

Yeah, that sounds like him. Maybe the change will be good for him.

Are you going to opening night? I am. Preds v Hawks. Chicago sucks but there's usually lots of fights sooo....

dorian gray said:
Yeah, that sounds like him. Maybe the change will be good for him.

Are you going to opening night? I am. Preds v Hawks. Chicago sucks but there's usually lots of fights sooo....

No, I'm not. Rangers tickets aren't a luxury I can often afford these days. I'll most likely try to catch 5-6 games during the year though.

dorian gray said:

hmm ...
http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=303

how can dis b?

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=349

:cool: Although they probably don't figure idiots like me careening through corners along the side of cliffs at 120mph but hey, not much would save my ass if I fucked up then. :loco:

EDIT: Oh, it says "except WRX models" wtf. Maybe they just didn't test those, don't see how it could be any different though. Unless the turbocharger dislodges in a frontal crash, flying into the faces of all rear passengers which would be sorta neat I suppose, 1400º of HOT METHULL DISTRUKSHUN!!!!111four

NADatar said:
EDIT: Oh, it says "except WRX models" wtf. Maybe they just didn't test those, don't see how it could be any different though. Unless the turbocharger dislodges in a frontal crash, flying into the faces of all rear passengers which would be sorta neat I suppose, 1400º of HOT METHULL DISTRUKSHUN!!!!111four
different seats maybe? I dunno. They said the same thing for the Legacy: "except Outback models" or whatever. Shit! Guess I'm going to have to find out for myself