The Abortion Thread

Why does that even matter? Basically all human morality concerning human life has origin in some kind of spiritual/religious belief. That was more or less an artifact of man's limited knowledge of the world and a need to fill it with reasons to justify a given policy which would in turn support the move from tribes to more advanced cooperative societies.

It matters because I can only speak for myself and my instincts. People of different views can intersect in support of a legal standard, but via humanist ethics that I hold I come to the same conclusion as religious people on the subject of using the law to protect viable fetuses.

I didn't say these laws should be based on the instinct I referred to, just that I think with developed science giving us greater insight into the humanity of a fetus, the instinct to protect will play a greater role in changing minds. Laws protecting the fetus would exist regardless.

It matters because I can only speak for myself and my instincts. People of different views can intersect in support of a legal standard, but via humanist ethics that I hold I come to the same conclusion as religious people on the subject of using the law to protect viable fetuses.

I didn't say these laws should be based on the instinct I referred to, just that I think with developed science giving us greater insight into the humanity of a fetus, the instinct to protect will play a greater role in changing minds. Laws protecting the fetus would exist regardless.

You weren't speaking for only yourself when you said "Not wanting to kill a fetus is an instinctive position and only through ideological means do we arrive at a position other than that instinct. Having an ultrasound is a good way to cut through the bullshit so you can truly decide what you want to do with the fetus."

ez4Nvi8.jpg

Reactions: CiG
You weren't speaking for only yourself when you said "Not wanting to kill a fetus is an instinctive position and only through ideological means do we arrive at a position other than that instinct. Having an ultrasound is a good way to cut through the bullshit so you can truly decide what you want to do with the fetus."

I was quite literally describing my experience in going from pro-abortion to opposed.

It's now a work of art.

yes we do ... we are not herbivores, sadly. Most vegans i know have eventual got sick and had to go back to eating meat, because guess what ... eating strictly grass is not natural for human beings. Dont get me wrong dude, i tried ... but i felt and started looking like hamburgerboy, in other words complete shit.
Vegans and vegetarians are healthier in general and live longer though

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-expectancy-eggs-dairy-research-a7168036.html

"Strictly eating grass" is probably not good for you though, I'll give you that.

Vegans and vegetarians are healthier in general and live longer though

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-expectancy-eggs-dairy-research-a7168036.html

"Strictly eating grass" is probably not good for you though, I'll give you that.

I'd say being vegetarian is healthier but it's not always possible to do properly. I live in a city and I guess even being vegan would work fine in here, in terms of having options of what to eat. There's specialized shops and bistros where you could get a proper lunch during the lunch break and stuff. However, I can't fucking imagine what toil it is to do this outside of the city.

In my previous job I was driving around the countryside and for one week I took my vegetarian colleague with me and she just had nothing to eat in those villages. There were bistros on the way, pubs in the villages and stuff, offering lunch menu, but the only fucking vegetarian meal was always fried cheese. You can have that once in a week if there's no other option but eating that daily doesn't really help the case. And she was fed up with it. In some places there were 10 meals and all the czech classics. Meat+gravy+dumplings.

I mean, I don't complain, but being a vegetarian on the road here? No thanks.

Of course there are cases of people who have strong principles regarding not eating things with faces but don't realize how much calories their body needs. I had a classmate at the uni who was vegan and she was fainting all the time. We got used to it and there was always someone around catching her.

I can't fucking imagine what toil it is to do this outside of the city.

In some ways it's easier because growing your own food is a more realistic and practical option. And depending on how zealous you are, you can justify eating your chicken's eggs because you aren't taking the eggs in an exploitative manner.

In some ways it's easier because growing your own food is a more realistic and practical option.

Ok I didn't take "having a fucking self-sustainable farm" into account. Thanks mister.

Ok I didn't take "having a fucking self-sustainable farm" into account. Thanks mister.

LOL. I grew tons of shit while living in the 'burbs nigga. There's not really any excuse unless you live in a house with no backyard.

In my previous job I was driving around the countryside and for one week I took my vegetarian colleague with me and she just had nothing to eat in those villages. There were bistros on the way, pubs in the villages and stuff, offering lunch menu, but the only fucking vegetarian meal was always fried cheese. You can have that once in a week if there's no other option but eating that daily doesn't really help the case. And she was fed up with it. In some places there were 10 meals and all the czech classics. Meat+gravy+dumplings.

Yeah, on the road is harder. Hell, it's hard trying to find healthy food on the road regardless of your dietary choices.

Reactions: Onder
LOL. I grew tons of shit while living in the 'burbs nigga. There's not really any excuse unless you live in a house with no backyard.

One girl I fucked had pretty reasonable thoughts regarding this. She wouldn't buy eggs in the store because she knew what conditions the chicken are in, however later she bought her own chickens, took care of them, and had no problem eating their eggs.

I eat in vegan bistros in the city often, mostly because I consider that food less of a garbage than say US fast foods.

Reactions: CiG
One girl I fucked had pretty reasonable thoughts regarding this. She wouldn't buy eggs in the store because she knew what conditions the chicken are in, however later she bought her own chickens, took care of them, and had no problem eating their eggs.

Yeah it's a really good ethical compromise. When I had a bunch of chickens my vegan buddy was cool with it, even though he still wouldn't eat the eggs obviously.

I eat in vegan bistros in the city often, mostly because I consider that food less of a garbage than say US fast foods.

I love vegan food. Vegan curries for example are god-tier.