The album cover

What do you think of the cover

• It is awesome

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • It looks like crap

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
I like it. It's complex in a way but I suppose it depends how you look at it.
To me this is what it says:
The book is where the Epic is written down. The black coming out of the pages is like hand reaching out and the way they are forked is like energy reaching out and spreading its power. Think electricity. The area where they come out of looks like places where pictures would be. The images of Epic reaching out at you grabbing your attention. The black below the book looks like a stream. Something that is calm until it hits the pages, then comes alive in the forked style.
The background is a bit difficult. It could just be to provide some colour or it could be to show that in an Epic, everything isn't just black and white. The reddish/orange tint could be to give it life as those colours signify energy and life.

Well, there's my take on it but I do like it. Nice one Asgeir.

Mal

I like it. It seemes like its backwards in comparison to Empiricism. Empiricism had a lot of cool colors and this one has a lot of warm colors. Also, the black stuff looks like the roots of upside-down trees, the way the all branch out of the same spot. At the same time they're also similar to the lightning-bolt type stuff on the Empiricism cover but with the colors inverted. The way it covers the logo gives it an uncontrolled look...like spilled ink or creeping vines.
It has elements of a natural look to it but at the same time the grid in the background and all the cord-like lines going across it give it a non-natural look. It has balance, good compositon and a good focal point. A worthy peice of artwork. :)

I just got the vinyl of this album today (along with the vinyl of Empiricism), so I've had a good look at this front cover. I like it a lot. I think it goes with what I've read of the lyrics, and of course the newer type of Borknagar's front covers. It contrasts nicely with the Empiricism cover, when you look at them side by side, too. So, I like it. Can't wait for the actual CD to be released in the US -- I adore 'Future Reminiscence'.