the altered state of consciousness thread

I said no such thing. I simply think the negative aspects of drugs should be taken into account before ingestion where as Einherjar86 is saying "ignore that, that doesn't happen to EVERYONE".

@ vihris-gari

well now that thats over, what do you guys listen to while tripping? for whatever reason i often gravitate towards grunge. mostly nirvana, smashing pumkins, pearl jam, and soundgarden. sometimes i go for sisters of mercy and bauhaus.

I'm a prog rock man. Floyd, Tull, Genesis, Crimson...

Sometimes something creepy like Tom Waits.

But most times, I just like to smoke with friends and talk. Conversations are hilarious high.

sometime i want to intensionally steer myself into a bad trip. have something like abruptum or khlyst or dark abyss going during onset and get in that mindset. i wounder if i would be able to handle it better if i was already in a bad place and ready for it as opposed to falling into hell while i was peaking. probly a bad idea but i think it would be worth exploring.

Rob "Klister";7185547 said:
sometime i want to intensionally steer myself into a bad trip. have something like abruptum or khlyst or dark abyss going during onset and get in that mindset. i wounder if i would be able to handle it better if i was already in a bad place and ready for it as opposed to falling into hell while i was peaking. probly a bad idea but i think it would be worth exploring.

put on your best war gear and grab a sword(axe,bommyknocker ect) and have a nice cup of datura coffee and get out all your old War Metal albums(Sad Ex,Conqueror,Revenge,Blasphemy ect.)I would hate to run into that dude in a dark alley

Rob "Klister";7185480 said:
well now that thats over, what do you guys listen to while tripping? for whatever reason i often gravitate towards grunge. mostly nirvana, smashing pumkins, pearl jam, and soundgarden. sometimes i go for sisters of mercy and bauhaus.

One of my favorite topics! I actually sometimes keep lists of what albums I listen to while tripping...

For dex it is metal all the way. Anything I listen to on dex will be 100 times better than ever before, but I stick with metal because I love the kind of constant stimulation that only metal can provide. Generally it's the more brutal the better, so I'll be listening to Cryptopsy, Nile, Dimmu, Disgorge. And that really heavy stuff actually makes me trip about 10X harder. But sometimes I can't get into the dark stuff on dex... sometimes it just gets me in a much more upbeat mood. So that's when I whip out albums like Cowboys From Hell and Ride The Lightning for some groovier listening. That's also when I whip out the albums I wouldn't normally listen to in the first place like Helloween and Symphony X.

For Marijuana it gets me back into my rock roots. I'll listen to The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Robin Trower, The Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Tom Petty, Ten Years After. That slower, groovier stuff isn't the stuff I'd generally enjoy listening to now adays, but I love it on weed for those same reasons. It makes it all so amazing again. I love how I can just get lost in one of those long songs. It's funny, 'cause I was listening to all this drugged out music like The Doors when I was a kid, and only recently I realized "hey... I've never actually listened to this stuff on drugs!" And it does indeed work quite well. I've never actually tried listening to metal on pot, I just save that for the dex...

i cant listen to the dead or the doors when im stoned, i'd much rather hear some tech death, and alot of core sounds pretty good too

Ten Years After is awesome.

:kickass:

TYA gets pegged as a run of the mill blues-rock band... but not only are they an exceptional blues-rock band, they're probably the most diverse band I've ever heard. I mean, how many bands have the balls to really whip out a straight jazz song in the middle of garage rock, prog, folk, and blues. I heard Alvin even tried to do rap on his latest album, ha...